Hey everyone,

I'm not exactly where to put this, to be honest I don't even know exactly what I want advice on. My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 1/2 years. I couldn't be any happier with any other woman, and i believe this with my whole heart. I want to propose to her, and am hoping to get married to her soon after i finish up college. Now, I don't see this so much of a problem as much as just me being the "jealous" type, but I thought I would open it up for advice. We go to separate schools and are usually about 2 1/2 hours apart aside from when she comes home on the occasional weekend and breaks. It seems that recently she has started talking to male friends more and more. This hadn't really bothered me until she wanted to go see visit one at his place of employment to say hi, without me. She said that she didn't want me to intimidate him and make him nervous. I'm 6'2 and a very husky guy and will openly admit I am sometimes intimidating. However i get a strange feeling in my stomach, be it jealousy or what have you, any time she even mentions him. I'm not sure what to think in this situation, I trust her and believe that on her part there is nothing to worry about, it is this other guy that has me worried. I would like some input, anything really, affirmation or just telling me that it's jitters and jealousy. Thanks in advance.

I'd definetly talk to her about how it makes you uncomfortable. Communication is everything and you might have that feeling for a reason. Not saying she'd ever do anything but maybe the guy is someone that might put moves on her even if she only views him in a platonic way...she obviously feels some connection b/c she mentions him to you.

If she is trustworthy, then there should be no problem with her wanting to have some alone time with her friends (be they male or female).

BUT, at the same time, the people that she is friends with should also be able to accept you as a couple, too.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that she cited the reason for not including you is based on this other person potentially feeling intimidated. No matter if you are tall, or have a husky voice-- these things should not be an issue.

It does sound like you two should have a heart-to-heart.

Archived