So Sick of Being Single

mattman848

All of my friends are tied down, and everybody I meet is always tied down. How do I find someone? My friends and family tell me that if I don't start dating now, I'm going to have a really hard time dating in the future (apparently girls are really turned off by guys without experience?). I try to meet girls, but none of them find me very interesting at all. I do not drink/party and never intend on doing either. I do not play sports and don't enjoy watching them either.

Any ideas?

what about other hobbies? community involvement? music? dance? find something interesting to do, and then get involved in that scene. for example, local politics. or dancing (tons of girls in dance classes!!!), a local cultural group (ie, Chinese Student Association or whatnot).... etc....

All of my friends are tied down, and everybody I meet is always tied down. How do I find someone? My friends and family tell me that if I don't start dating now, I'm going to have a really hard time dating in the future (apparently girls are really turned off by guys without experience?). I try to meet girls, but none of them find me very interesting at all. I do not drink/party and never intend on doing either. I do not play sports and don't enjoy watching them either.

Any ideas?

I don't know about the experience thing. I think if you have a lot of friends, and do well socially with them, that you can do ok when you date even if you were older when you started.

I'd say don't look for girls in areas that don't hold your interest. If you like books, try book clubs, libraries, poetry readings etc. If you like cooking, take a class at Williams Sonoma or something. Etc

apparently girls are really turned off by guys without experience?

I can speak from personal experience, yes they are. Its been very tough for me to even date and I have no experience at all so id agree with your friends and family on that part as well.

I'm pretty much in the same shoes as you are, id say go out and have fun, start there.

Any ideas?

You remind me of myself, somewhat. Instead of placing emphasis on all the bad things, why not acknowledge your good qualities and hold your chin high from those realizations? If anything repels people from pursuing relationships with others, individuals who see themselves as having nothing to offer someone else would have to rank at around the top 5 reasons.

It reminds me of "Happy Gilmore": "Harness the good, block out the bad. It's circular. Feel the flow, Happy."

Stop rushing yourself. You need to ask yourself about why your happiness banks so much on having someone in your life to be romantic with. In other words, why can't you find happiness on your own? Wouldn't you want to be with someone who can be happy like that?

As someone on eNA worded very well, you can usually "keep faith" until the end of college. If you finish college without experiencing it any of it like a few of us, then you get worried.

You need to ask yourself about why your happiness banks so much on having someone in your life to be romantic with. In other words, why can't you find happiness on your own? Wouldn't you want to be with someone who can be happy like that?

I know what you're getting at to not appear desperate and hurt your chances but the rest of it is kinda fairy-land-lad-di-da stuff. Like my answer to your question would simply be because I'm human and I want to experience such things.

mattman, keep your head up and get out and do things, I would really recommend playing a sport, even if its intramurals or something simple like that, it will not only get you out and exercising, but it will also help you build confidence and meet other people even if you are only meetings guys through this it is helping your social networking and through them you will undoubtable naturally meet some girls... get out and do things!!!

Archived