I Just Found Out Something That Hurts

Your parents don't even know you are gay do they? I don't think its fair for you to hate them because they dislike something. I don't think they would stop loving you if they knew, its just like any piece of ourselves that our parents dislike.

For me, thats my disorginization. Sure, my mom hates it loads, but she doesn't hate -me-. Sometimes, there are certain rules that I have to follow that she makes clear, that I have to follow: "as long as you keep every area that isn't your room clean, then so be it."

Get it? Your parents may not approve of gay marriage or gay people in general, but you are still their son. You being offended by this is like me being offended because my mom hates messy people without even knowing I'm messy. If you talk to them about it, they still might not change their minds, but they may just make compromise with you to accept it.

Don't write your parents off before you discuss this with them. Coming out to them just might open their eyes to this sort of situation.

bro just do wat makes u happy.U shouldn't have hate in your heart for anyone but especially not your parents!My dad tld me if I ever said I waz gay or bi he'd disown me and I'm not taking it hard becuz I kno my father is a close minded moron and thats just how some peoples parents are...

bro just do wat makes u happy.U shouldn't have hate in your heart for anyone but especially not your parents!My dad tld me if I ever said I waz gay or bi he'd disown me and I'm not taking it hard becuz I kno my father is a close minded moron and thats just how some peoples parents are...

I like the way you think but give them time - given enought time, anyone can impress you (I think Abraham Lincoln said that). The important thing is to keep your head high and succeed while you're at it, because if you're falling, they will blame it on your rejecting their close-minded views.

• 1 month later...

Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve!

JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares what they think?

I agree with practically nothing that most of my family holds dear. It drives me crazy wanting to them to change to a more, as I see, rational point of view on things. But it's best to let it go.

Live and let live. It's more sane that way.

Do your parents know you're gay? Once they learn that you are (if they don't already know), it could change their view for the better. You never know unless you take that risk. You could give them a real gift that way.

People can be very short-sighted and closed-minded. It is OUTRAGEOUS to our generation that blacks had to fight so hard to be able to go to school with whites and drink from the same fountain....and one day it will seem RIDICULOUS to the next generation that gays and lesbians had to fight to be able to get married, to have the same health benefits and so on.

Your parents, especially coming from "the church" are going to have a limited view. Just like you want them to love you regardless, you can try to do the same for them.

My grammy one time was talking about another race living in her neighborhood and said to me all innocently, "I'm not racist or anything...I just think they should have their own park"....haaa!! You almost have to laugh at the ridiculousness of it. I mean, think of these older people as literally living in a different world...because they kind of do.

I hate it when someone tries to use bible scriptures when talking about homosexuality because it really doesn't say much about it. This was also written before being gay became an issue so its more like if two straight guys slept together, plus laying in the bed with a woman on her period is an abomination and they never said anything about lesbians. Any way, I don't really think it matters now a days because hetero couples are BUTCHERING marriage, I probably know literally hundreds of couples that got married then divorced and some not even a year after being married.

Any who, everyone with this issue should look up the article by Rev. Doc. Walter Wink on the soulforce website. I have to go now I'm starting to get my blood pressure up.

Archived