Should I email/contact again?!?

spainman_88

So I've got the same basic question about 2 different girls from the same dating site.

Girl 'A' I emailed 10 days ago or so on the site, she responded and gave me her regular email address saying to contact her there. I did, and we've exchanged about 5 emails total (2-3 each), but its now been 3 days since I emailed her last and I haven't heard back. I was going to ask her for her # in my next email, but was waiting to hear back from her. Since its been 3 days, and I have seen that she is still active on the dating site, would it be ok to email her once more suggesting we meet up for a walk by the pond or something and asking for her #? Maybe she got busy or forgot....she had always responded to my emails pretty quickly. SHould I contact her again before hearing from her?

Girl 'B' has a profile on the site, and according to the info in both our profiles we would 'click' very well. I seem to fit what she says she is 'looking for' and interestes are very similar, etc. I emailed her, making some comments about common interestes in her profile, but its been about 4 days and I havent heard anything back. I see that she is active on the site as well, and has opened my email but not responded. Would it be ok to email/im her once more and try to establish contact again? Or should I just wait and let it go? If she has a lot of emails from guys, might my experessing additional interest to show that I'm actually interested in her profile lead her to be mroe likely to respond? Any advice on either of these appreciated.....

Thanks!

General concensus is to re-contact girl 'A'? Should I give her some more time or send her a brief note sooner saying I'd like to get together and suggesting a walk by the pond or something similar (she has said she likes to get outside and wants to more)....advice on the time frame?

And let it go with girl b?

I think you should message both again. Change topics with girl A. Make it something funny.

What do you think, Thumb wars or tickle fights? or Road trip! where we going and why?

As for girl B. Send her this..

I know we haven't met yet but I think we should go to Vegas, get married, name our 3rd child and get divorced.

Your ex-hubster,

Spainman

P.S. I get the dogs...

You can't give up on one email. She could of had 60 emails from guys that day. She might of wanted to respond but forgot. She also might be waiting for a email to catch her eye. Also make sure your subject is different. Don't matter what it is. Subject: Peter Pan she will read it.

I think you should message both again. Change topics with girl A. Make it something funny.

What do you think, Thumb wars or tickle fights? or Road trip! where we going and why?

As for girl B. Send her this..

I know we haven't met yet but I think we should go to Vegas, get married, name our 3rd child and get divorced.

Your ex-hubster,

Spainman

P.S. I get the dogs...

You can't give up on one email. She could of had 60 emails from guys that day. She might of wanted to respond but forgot. She also might be waiting for a email to catch her eye. Also make sure your subject is different. Don't matter what it is. Subject: Peter Pan she will read it.

LOL

That whole "Let's go to Vegas, get married, get divorced" thing is pretty funny, but I get the feeling that some girls -- even while it's an obvious joke -- may get freaked out simply by the use of the m word (married).

I could be wrong, but it's kinda funny anyways haha.

Nah, think of it this way. The women on these sites get a ton of mail. Most of it is from guys who all say the same thing. The odds of a response are actually better and she may even thank you for being unique.

Send it to 10 women and let me know how many respond to it.

Nah, think of it this way. The women on these sites get a ton of mail. Most of it is from guys who all say the same thing. The odds of a response are actually better and she may even thank you for being unique.

Send it to 10 women and let me know how many respond to it.

You may have a point there, lol.

Haha, I agree it could be funny.....but I don't quite want to go that extreme with sending her another message especially since with girl B I havent heard any response at all to my initial email.

For girl A, who I have had back and forth contact with already, should I just be straight up in saying I'd like to get together?

Haha, I agree it could be funny.....but I don't quite want to go that extreme with sending her another message especially since with girl B I havent heard any response at all to my initial email.

For girl A, who I have had back and forth contact with already, should I just be straight up in saying I'd like to get together?

I would send the message to girl B man. No reason not to. If she didn't respond in a few days, she's not going to. For all you know she just got done reading 15 emails just like the one you sent. It's not going to hurt your chances in anyway.

For girl A, go for it. If the contact has been recent, as in a few days.

Hey Spainman,

Girl A: Wait another day or so and then if you have still not heard back email her. Don't comment on her delay to respond or anything. Just simply say something like "hey, would you like to catch up for a coffee sometime this week?". If she still doesn't respond, then forget about her. (I'd possibly avoid the walk by the pond, as romantic and sweet as it sounds, it may be a bit too full on for a "first meet"... stick with drinks / coffee / lunch.

Girl B: Don't bother to do anything, if she didn't respond first time, chances are she won't respond to additional contact. She's not interested for some reason or another - maybe she is communicating with too many other guys, maybe there was just one little thing about you that she found at odds with her values/interests etc (sometimes I don't chose to communicate with guys who meet every "criteria" because the vibe I get from their profile just doesn't sit right - not that it's something wrong with them, just I don't feel we'd be compatible.. it's a weird thing, but vibe is important to me.)

Good luck!

Ammy

p.s. thanks for your supportive message in response to my thread! I think we are very similar in our approach and responses to dating.

Well I did email girl 'A' , and after 2-3 more emails of back and forth she sends me this tonight:

"Hey,

Im really sorry, but this weekend isn't gonna work. I joined[the dating site] cause I never leave the library due to SO much work. But now that Ive met you, Im even having a hard time finding free time to hang out. Ive been told that after the first year it gets easier. We do seem to have overlapping interests and Id love to eventually meet you, but I also dont want to lead you to believe that my time is gonna free up soon. I have finals early May and it looks like Ill only get busier as that gets closer."

Another letdown. I thought this girl was interested. Now I can't even get someone to go on a first date! The few who do lose interest too...

Does this above answer seem like a likely story? Why would she mention eventually wanting to meet me? Should I give it any response?

Just tell her something like "hey, sorry to hear that... if you get some free time or if you are interested in going out still after finals, give me a line. I might be available". And let her be.

Don't think too much. Take her for her word. It's pointless to do in any other way.

She's Not Texting Me Like She U...
She's Not Texting Me Like She Used To

Archived