dating someone with a crazy diet

glegend

Ok I don't know if I'm looking too into this or not.

But I am really getting to know this girl at work. She was alright when I started working but now she really fixed herself up big time. But now she's on this crazzy diet and work out like crazy. She wants to look really good.

Working out portion is normal, everyone does it. I have my dumbbells and I work out with them and I do a lot of walking.

So recently I'm starting to get to know her better and I'm thinking maybe I should ask her out. Right now she's looking more and more attractive every week, and is really smart and everything I could look for In a girl.

I was wondering if anyone has dated or have any advice on dating someone who's on a strict diet? Again I don't know if I am looking at this too much into detail or if its because I can eat and drink anything and not worry about how much weight I'm going to gain or where its going to show. I have a high metabolism so I don't worry about anything. Plus, my ex never worried about eating and weight because she was always fit.

Example of some of her diet. Egg whites no yolk. Chicken sandwhich with no condiments. No pop or coffee, only water and milk and juice. Very very tiny piece of pizza (something equcalent to a few bites; actually a little Cesars medium pizza) because it does to her butt.

Well.. at times I've been on a strict diet. Mostly when getting over a break up and NOT dating lol.

Advice I can give is not to ask her to eat or try and keep offering her stuff so you don't throw her off her diet.

Let her pick places. Maybe take her to a place where they have salads and other healthy choices also available.

Seeing as you guys have different diets in the long run it may suck a bit when you want to go get ice cream or something else, yet she doesn't want to stray from the diet.

basically ask her to do stuffwhich doesn't involve eating for the first dates,

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's probably only temporary until she reaches her goal, then she'll be able to start easing into a more "fun" diet.

I, for one, have to be restricted to certain foods, due to food intolerance. I'm also a health nut, so I like to eat organic when I can afford it and try to find alternatives to other things. My boyfriend manages to tolerate it.

I do cut lose on the weekends with him, which is good for someone dieting so they don't feel deprived. Probably not my wisest move, but I also crave everything I'm not supposed to have on a daily basis and I'll cave. Sigh.

Go ahead and ask her out. You'll know soon enough if it's a deal breaker or not.

If she's crash dieting like this, then expect her to balloon back up to her previous size at any moment.

I don't think ages crash dieting. Unless my definition and yours is two different things. I know she has been doing this diet for a while now, she used to see a dietition and used to be a more strict diet and now has stopped going to the dietition and has created her own diet plan based on the results from the dietition.

I don't think ages crash dieting. Unless my definition and yours is two different things. I know she has been doing this diet for a while now, she used to see a dietition and used to be a more strict diet and now has stopped going to the dietition and has created her own diet plan based on the results from the dietition.

Someone who only eats a few bites of pizza as a meal, and says its so it wont go to her butt, is crash dieting, hon.

The thing I'd be concerned about is this: Is she working her way towards or does she already have an eating disorder/body image issues of some sort.

Been there, done that, woulda bought the tshirt but thought it made my butt look big....and put my college bf through several levels of hell when I finally crashed and started recovery. He was about your age at the time...and I was very into working out and on a strict diet because I wanted to lose weight.

Example of some of her diet. Egg whites no yolk. Chicken sandwhich with no condiments. No pop or coffee, only water and milk and juice. Very very tiny piece of pizza (something equcalent to a few bites; actually a little Cesars medium pizza) because it does to her butt.

I don't find this "crazy" at all. Well, maybe only eating a few bites of pizza for a meal, because that's not enough, but the rest of the stuff she's eliminating- soda, egg yolks, mayo is stuff that should be eliminated or consumed only in very small quantities.

As for tips about dating someone on a strict diet - well, basically, remember that it's none of your business, don't make comments about it, and don't become the food police. Remember that she's a grown up and can manage her own food and body, and just be supportive. IE -'you look great'. That kind of thing, not, 'I thought you weren't eating this that or the other.'

Why does it matter what her diet is like as long as she looks good? Just because you decide to date someone doesn't mean you have to start feeding them. I don't get why this is an issue.

My girlfriend eats super healthy. I always stop at McDonalds and get my food. She just waits till she can get something good for herself.

Okay. Lots of experience with crash dieting and eating disorders. If shes being healthy then it shouldnt be too much of a problem. She'll probably just grab a salad, or a roll or something healthy. But you will notice if its something more. She won't eat in front of you. You'll continue to lose weight rapidly. Then there would be an issue.

thats not crash dieting IMO, i do the same for about 6 days a week since almost forever now. the only "bad" meals im allowed to have are when im out with friends on the weekend and even then i stay away from a lot of things.

crash dieting would involve a lot of skipped meals.. and theres nothing wrong with chicken sandwiches.

that diet isn't that strict.

I agree. I think people are so used to eating junk and soda and huge fast food meals that when they see someone eating in a healthy way, they think it is "crazy."

Like I said before, the things this girl is eating (egg whites, plain chicken sandwich w/ no mayo, no soda, etc) are good choices to make!

i looked at the diet you explained and thought it was mild compared to mine. and i cheat once a week at least. but i do so much cardio, i'm still on the up and up.

bodybuilding, which i did for 6 months back in the day, now that is a strict diet. 'tis one reason i quit.

As someone who's had a lot of experience with dating and dieting, the best thing you can do is not make big deal about it at all. It took me 2 years to lose 120lbs, and I did a bit of dating during that time, especially when I really started slimming down. Most guys were fine with that because they understood that's what I needed to do in order not to be fat anymore. The worst was when a guy tried to make a big deal about it. I had one guy tell me that I should eat whatever I wanted to and just be happy. Then I asked him if he would of still asked me out on a date if I was 50 lbs heavier, and he confessed that he wouldn't have. There's nothing more annoying than a guy who wants a girl to eat everything but still look good. The only way you should get involved with her diet is if you start dating her and it seems that she may be harming herself with it.

Sounds to me like she may have mild food issues. Her diet is not particularly healthy- she's eating no fruits and vegetables, and she's not getting any calcium. Her body would be better served by getting more exercise, and eating better balanced meals.

the egg yolks, chicken etc was just sample meal ... i dont think its ALL that she eats.

I have a highly restrictive nutrition plan due to a food additive allergy (and lifestyle choices). Doesn't bother the BF or me - we'll go out to eat and I'll just have a drink or whatever, maybe eat before we go out. When we cook at home together it's easy to deal with.

Archived