Tanning, anyone else have this problem?

So, I tan in tanning beds. I have for about a year..I definitely know the risks, so warnings about skin cancer and leathery skin..YES, I AM AWARE. Anywayyy, I use different types of lotion. Almost famous, Blackest Black, Hot, Simply Devine..etccc...Almost famous works the best on me. My legs allll the way up to my boobs tans greattt, but for some reason..my arms..face..and collar bone area..don't tan near as dark as my legs do. My aunt said she had the same problem..but the opposite..she couldn't get her legs to tan as dark. I use malibu glow on my whole body to moisturize and it has a gradual bronzer in it that evens my tone out..my tan is dark and great..but it's just kinda frustrating. Anyone else with this problem or a solution?

can you do the standup? your legs are probably resting on the lights in the lay down bed. your boobs are probably much closer to the lights than what you described not getting as tan. in the standup you can stand closer or further to the lights as you want. gets more of your body too and you won't get white butt crack from your butt resting on the lights.

i used to use the lay down one, but because of the muscle on my back, i had two white spots on each side of my back. no light was getting in. haha and my butt was getting burned and hurt more than anything from laying directly on it.

I always avoided the beds because of this reason, all of my body tanned very nicely but my face was always lighter. The stand up is much better, IMO. Plus you dont have to lay in ur own sweat or anyone elses.

Yes I had the white butt crack thing going too LOL & the spots on my back, hated it hahaha

The reason why you're not getting as dark from the neck up is because that area is usually exposed to the sun on a daily basis, so the skin is "tougher", in a sense...n it's used to the light, so it doesn't tan as easily.

If you want it to even out to the rest of your body, next time just apply the tanning lotion to your chest/neck area, so it'll absorb more light than the rest of your body.

i crank the music and dance in the stand up. much more fun than laying down. haha. plus you can lift your arms up and get those underarms better

when i hook up with girls that use tanning beds i can tell. the butt crack thing and sometimes under the boobs there will be a line.

mine's not that bad, but it's still noticeable. I definitely like using the bed due to my boob situation. They're rather large so i'm sure i'll alternate between the stand up and the bed.

good idea. i bet you will get better results. i used to hang out with body builders and they would only use the standups. otherwise they would come out like a calico kitten. but most of them used bronzers too. 'wipe in tans'

I find it relaxing..and I only feel attractive if i'm tan..as shallow as that sounds.

Same here. Not because I'm darker, but it just gives me a healthier glow that makes me feel more glamorous.

I only tan during the winter, mainly, cuz that's when I'm lighter.

Yes, it does! I'm the 'platinum member'..so I use the ultra beds..that have bright ass facial bulbs..my face is the worst at tanning.

And yes, it is pricey..with all the lotions, etc..but i'm naturally pale..almost clear, lol. I can afford it, so why not?

I haven't been tanning in a long time either, I need to start this weekend. Really need to get a tan for my wedding! & I agree I feel more attractive when Im tan as well. I stopped for awhile because it became an addiction lol.

OH gosh, I have a horror story from tanning. One of the ladies talked me into buying this like..EXTREME tingle lotion..I don't even remember what it's called..but my skin is pretty sensitive. I used it and I came out looking like literally I had been painted red and my skin was ON FIRE. It was horrible and the lady that sold it to me was like "OH MY GOD, please..I'll give you new lotions for free..blahblahblah.." I guess she assumed I was going to sue them or something. Hahaha.

Archived