Second Call in two days after more than a month of NC. How to proceed?

JohnGalt

JG, wouldn't you be automatically untagged from photos when you de-activated your account? I assume that's the way the facebook software works.

Yeah, but on her profile, our pictures are still up even though I'm untagged. What she did was take photos of us completely off of her profile pics section. She left pictures of us up in her regular photo section. I don't know why she did this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JG - Wow things seem to be progressing very nicely, but is it normal that you guys are taking things SO slowly? I mean, only a small kiss?

With my ex, I don't know, when we got back together we were absolutely passionate and crazy about eachother. I don't know if it means that slow is better, I'm just curious...

I'm almost certain that my ex is not passionate or crazy about me. She clearly loves me very much, but she is uncertain about whether or not she should give me another chance. Of course in our five years together, we've been very passionate and intimate doing just about anything you can think of...but this is about re-developing the attraction and trust that she had for me. Our path right now mirrors how we first go together. Very slowly over a three month period...and then after we got together, it was just insanely fast and passionate.

I also think her friends are giving her pause telling her not to get too attached and not to get back together with me, but that's clearly not working. I do feel, however, that if I'm not careful she could at any moment pull back and decide she doesn't want this.

The problem is, I feel us falling back in love. I feel myself getting attached again. Sigh...

JohnGalt my friend I am exactly in your situation.

"The problem is, I feel us falling back in love. I feel myself getting attached again. Sigh..."

I can not agree more with you. I'm afraid of this attachment because it means that I am vulnerable to be hurt again. Me and my ex are also taking things very slowly, but I feel that it is a good thing. I hope so anyway.

Keep on doing the damn thing man and I hope things workout for you guys!

My female perspective is this:

THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL WHAT A GIRL IS THINKING UNLESS YOU ASK. If you don't feel comfortable asking, then you don't have to, but if that is the case than you shouldn't expect to know anything.

That being said....you should do what you want to do. If you want to be back together with her than you should go to the movie, you should express that this is what you want as much as you can, you should do all of the things that you failed to do last time you were together.

If she is feeling like it is too much for her, or like you two are not on the same page, she will tell you (if she has some sense

Of course, if you do this, you have to be prepared to get your feelings hurt...because there is always that possibility, especially if you are not up front with her about what you want and about asking what she wants. If you don't want your feelings hurt...go back to no contact, but I feel like you will always be wondering "what if?"

The problem is, I feel us falling back in love. I feel myself getting attached again. Sigh...

JG, at some point in reconciling properly, you will both need to get 'reattached'. That will require both of you to be vulnerable and trusting of each other.

You are the one trying to win her back slowly. So your motives are clear. So you will naturally become 'reattached' first. And she will 'reattach' second. No biggie. I mean, whats the chances of both becoming 'reattached' at exactly the same time? Nil!

Update:

We're back together. She's been asking to get back together all week and last night, she really broke down and we had a very serious conversation. I'm happy and she's happy. We're going to continue to take things slow and I'll post a separate thread discussing the reconciliation soon.

Archived