Just not Happy....

SLMitchell918

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread, but I have a problem that I have been thinking about and I was trying to get some advice I suppose.

About Three years ago, my husband cheated on me when I was 7 months pregnant. I've dealt with it and I dont think it is something I can ever truly forget. Now - our daughter is a rotten three year old that is attached to her daddy, but I find myself in the middle living an unhappy life. I am on the verge of divorce. Ironically - that was what i tried to prevent 3 years ago, but now I'm to the point that Im just not happy anymore.

We don't have much of a sex life. Not because I dont want it - but because he doesn't. He and I clash a lot. He argues and has a horrible temper. Some examples of his temper would be getting mad over something simple and ripping his shirt off his back. Ripping to the point that I have to throw it in the trash. He has punched holes in our doors and stuff like that. It really gets old after seven years.

He isn't cheating anymore. He doesn't even work since he lost his job - thank to this wonderful economy. I worry that if I leave him, I am being selfish. I also worry because Im scared to tell him how I feel and I really hate to hurt him.

What should I do? Obviously I am the only one that can make the choice, but has anyone else left because they are just not happy? Technically - I had a reason to leave him three years ago. Honestly - im not over it. Not really sure I can ever get over it. My self esteem cannot be repaired. Help

Countless people get divorced because they are just not happy, and with less good grounds that you seem to have. It could be said that he has had seven years to deal with his temper, and if he's chosen not to, then he's contributed to the eventual demise of his marriage, so you don't have to feel guilty. You may be striking the final blow, but there have been a lot more before from him to bring things to where they are now.

I am struck by one thing, though, which is your description of your daughter. It's not a kind thing to say about a three-year old, and it's particularly striking given that she is your daughter. I don't really have any comment on it other than to draw your attention to just how unusual that is, and how it may be connected to how you are feeling now in terms of wanting the divorce.

When I said "rotten" i meant it in a good way. As sweet, loving but mischievous daughter. I believe maybe there was some misconception there? Savannah loves her father but is very very attached to me. I would hate to have her bounced back and forth from one home to another if he and I did separate.

i think you should consider counseling .. doesn't seem like you've completely healed from his cheating ways ... and it's quite obvious that he has never helped your healing process (without that, it's impossible for you to heal and be happy with him) ..

if he is resistant to couples counseling, i think you have no choice but to end things .. hopefully you guys will be able to sort this out! *hugs*

Archived