Kissing count as cheating?

SapphireNoir10

If you found out your bf/gf had kissed someone else would you consider it cheating and end it?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. If you found out your bf/gf had kissed someone else would you consider it cheating and end it?

• I consider it cheating, I'd dump them
    • I consider it cheating I'd stay with them
    • I dont consider it cheating, I'd stay with them
    • Not a clue!

Right, to me, kissing is cheating. End of story. Someone im with kisses someone else I'd break up with them.

However my mates think thats crazy, several of their boyfriends have kissed other girls and they've taken them back without a second thought saying its not really cheating.

So Im curious to see what you think?

Interesting poll/question.

I had a hard time answering, because I would want to know more about the circumstances of the kiss, and to know how uncharacteristic of him this was. I mean if we were together for years without that kind of thing happening, and something happened along the arc of our relationship where he was a bit "weak" and kissed someone, then regretted it and made up his mind not to slip up like that again, I'd forgive it as a weakness. The stats on couples who have been together for decades is unfortunately that the larger percentage of the time, at least one partner has cheated. Not that I want this or expect it!!!! But in the grand scheme of things, a kiss in a moment of weakness, while disturbing to me and it would take some repair work to trust again, is not the same as full-on sex, or an entire affair. Just as in legal crimes, there are "degrees" to cheating as well. I don't apply a one-size-fits-all to someone. If this was a chronic habit, of course I would end the relationship. I wouldn't even put myself in the situation of being with someone who has habits that would increase the tendency to do this (such as partying and clubbing.)

On the other hand, I wouldn't just pass it off "without a second thought" as you say in your OP. And even though I voted for considering it cheating and taking him back, I MIGHT not, depending on circumstantial factors as I said. A lot having to do with how long I've been in this relationship.

You'd divorce a man you've loved and been with for 25 years if he just kissed someone, no questions asked? That's how I'm looking at it. Very different from if you've been an item for 4 months and he kissed someone.

To me kissing can be even more intimate than sex, i know that sounds crazy, but it is the reason most hookers won't kiss their clients.

So whether it is defined as cheating or not, i do not know, but it is a dealbreaker for me.

Hmmm....I am thinking Julia Roberts in that movie where she was a prostitute!

Yes, kissing is most definitely cheating....unless you are an actor/actress in which case it is part of the job in certain scenes they are playing....and even then lots of partners of actors/actresses have a difficult time dealing with their loved one's kissing scenes.

I consider kissing cheating. It is a deal-breaker for me, regardless of the level of sobriety at the time of the kiss. If he had been drinking and kissed someone, I would feel that he should not have been so irresponsible as to get himself into that situation...it certainly is a red flag when that happens. JMHO.

It totally depends on his intentions, people can get kissed without their permission.

I agree with this. I have gone in for a friendly kiss on the cheek to be met with a kiss on the lips. I backed off as soon as it happened, but it wasn't like making out, it was like a peck? I dunno if that's cheating. Didn't feel like it since I didn't want it and didn't even realise it was going to happen. My bf at the time understood. I would say that making out is cheating 100%. However, me making out with girls is apparently not cheating at all Which I do enjoy.

Archived