Scared to go to sleep

hers

Since my car was broken into last night and having to deal with that all today, I'm feeling extremely scared and vulnerable right now in my house alone. I am trying to go to sleep, but I keep playing out a scenario where someone is going to kick my door in and how I'd react, would I be able to defend myself, what would Leeluu do, would I be able to protect her, what could I use as a weapon, etc.

I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack. I feel violated and powerless. I'm so scared right now.

I want to move away, get out of this town where more bad things have happened to me than good. I don't know what to do

First of all, I'm sorry your personal property was violated.

I understand that feeling all too well, and I don't even have a good reason to be afraid. I usually give in to it, double check doors and windows, leave a nice fat stick handy by the bedside, and then meditate myself to sleep.

Awe! Sorry to hear! Maybe some tylenol pm will ease it out for tonight. I suggest getting ADT or some sort of scurity and get those stickers and lawn sign to kinda scare them off. Maybe have a friend spend the night tomorrow. I'm sure it'll ease some of the fear.

I have to get up early, so I can't take Tylenol PM right now (it wants to keep me asleep for at least 8 hours. I take it regularly. I didn't think I needed it tonight b/c I was so tired).

I felt so violated already when my house was robbed last summer. Now my car. I feel like I'm biding my time till I'm robbed at gunpoint.

So sorry to hear this Hers! I can understand what you are going through...

I would advise you take some Magnesium capsules. It alleviates anxiety and also promotes good sleep. And minerals are always good for the body.

You will get through this and be fine soon.

*Hugs*

I don't suggest this...lol..but I am a wild woman...anyone who would dare come into my house will find the barrel of my rifle in their face.

Sorry so so sorry your car was broken into...I dislike theives...and vandals. Did they do any damage or steal something? Where was it parked? Guess they didn't have a very good upbringing. I would never dream of violating someones personal stuff...that is so low class!

I would get a cobra alarm system...it will alert you on your keychain if anyone is trying to break into your car!

I wrote another thread on it earlier today--the details are in there.

I'm getting tired, so hopefully I can sleep now. I just watched a ridiculously funny episode of Family Guy so I'm in better spirits now.

ugh, I am sorry you are going through this. I one time had sth happened to me, not scary as yours, but I could not sleep for nights! I think it will finally go away, but if you think the town you are in is really not a suitable place for you, maybe you should start thinking about moving?

Oh man, I'm sooo sorry I'd be feeling the same way.

Is there any way you could get a hand gun? I know it sounds extreme, but you would be protected better to defend yourself. In order to get your CCW, all you need is a day of classes. Something to think about.

living in an apartment building with a doorman might cure that. if u live on lets say the 20th floor where entry through your window is impossible i can only assume this feeling of fear will subside.

Thank you for the suggestion but that's definitely not feasible for me, though I have wished I could do this!!

Archived