Do you assume most guys want to have sex with you?

My Advice

This is something people say on here and in real life, mostly men, that I want to know if it is true.

Do most women, esp decent looking and above, think most men want to have sex with them, particularly if they initiate talking to them.

For example, I saw a hot girl at a pizza place and initiated talking to her, asked her what she was studying, where she went to school, etc etc, she asked me where I went to school, etc etc.

(side note: a friend called and I asked her to meet me there because she was female, our rapport is very platonic, and a female makes a good wingman when I 'might' be interested in getting a number later by letting her know I have female friends and am not a psycho. I also knew they had gone to the same school and calculated correctly that would come up so they would build good rapport).

I asked her her name and introduced myself before we left. I see her every weekend as I eat there frequently. Would you assume of you were her that I was interested for asking her about herself? Do you assume when a guy starts talking to you he is interested or at the very least wants to have sex with you?

Perhaps this question has been asked many times, but as I did not see it recently, it peaked my interest in how women perceive men around them.

No, I don't ever assume that unless he flat out says it!

I don't like the idea of flattering myself by assuming that every man that strikes up a conversation with me finds me attractive and wants sex.

I agree. That's just like saying that any woman who strikes up a conversation with a man must be interested in dating him. People strike up conversations for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes it is just about being friendly and personable.

No, I don't ever assume that unless he flat out says it!

I don't like the idea of flattering myself by assuming that every man that strikes up a conversation with me finds me attractive and wants sex.

That is good. I talk to a million women all the time and don't by any means find myself attracted to most of them.

It is also what I would expect many women to believe, however if most women started saying yes on here I would have found myself considering them overall a very narcassistic gender indeed.

I've had a ton of guys make comments about my boobs & others come up to me and tell me I'm "beautiful" out of the blue. I assume that they would sleep with me if I was interested. But when a guy just starts chatting, I definitely don't assume that. Some guys just really like to talk.

I've had a ton of guys make comments about my boobs & others come up to me and tell me I'm "beautiful" out of the blue. I assume that they would sleep with me if I was interested. But when a guy just starts chatting, I definitely don't assume that. Some guys just really like to talk.

Guys just walked up to you and randonly commented on your boobs or did so who you knew? Seems pretty rude. You wear low cut?

I think anytime a man strikes up a conversation with a woman without it being in context to a particular reason it's because that man is interested in asking the woman out. At least that's true for me personally.

As far as what women think about it, far be it from me to ever understand the female thought process. There's just no way I'm ever gonna be able to successfully do that. I've learned it's best not to try. It's almost always advisable to just agree, move forward, and be happy.

Guys just walked up to you and randonly commented on your boobs or did so who you knew? Seems pretty rude. You wear low cut?

Yep. "Nice rack," "Oh my god, they're huge," "it looks like you're going to fall forward," etc. And yes, I think it's incredibly rude.

I used to live in a place where it was warm most of the year. I'd wear tank tops and fitted t-shirts, but I'd never show cleavage. That's when I got most of the comments. Now I live somewhere much cooler and I get far less comments, presumably because I cover up in so many layers.

Yep. "Nice rack," "Oh my god, they're huge," "it looks like you're going to fall forward," etc. And yes, I think it's incredibly rude.

I used to live in a place where it was warm most of the year. I'd wear tank tops and fitted t-shirts, but I'd never show cleavage. That's when I got most of the comments. Now I live somewhere much cooler and I get far less comments, presumably because I cover up in so many layers.

Dragon, thanks, your comments remind me that however annoying the opposite sex can be, my own gender sucks a great deal as well.

Even if you were walking around without a bra on in a tank top (although in that instance I might accidentially find myself staring though not out of disrespect but because your cleavge and nipples would be showing) it is incredibly uncalled for and disrespectful to ever sexually comment on somebody who you don't even know.

On the plus side, it means you are probably hot.

Dragon, thanks, your comments remind me that however annoying the opposite sex can be, my own gender sucks a great deal as well.

Even if you were walking around without a bra on in a tank top (although in that instance I might accidentially find myself staring though not out of disrespect but because your cleavge and nipples would be showing) it is incredibly uncalled for and disrespectful to ever sexually comment on somebody who you don't even know.

On the plus side, it means you are probably hot.

I completely agree. I don't really like stares either, but it's not as bad as rude comments.

As for the "plus side," it's really only a plus if I'm attracting the kind of guys I want to attract. Unfortunately, I'm not at this point.

No, most of the time I don't assume that unless the guy is acting in a conceited manner or strutting around. I actually assume most guys that talk to me already have a girlfriend or are married, since that's the standard for my age group, so I would tend to be surprised if I was asked on a date, let alone for sex.

Now there are guys I know or meet whom I know are looking at me with sexual interest (as opposed to intention), but I don't tend to spend my time in environments where acting on that would be looked upon favorably.

Archived