having a date...

timetogrow

So tonight one of my colleagues and his girlfriend introduced me a girl, who works as a cosmetic sales girl in a shopping mall. They showed me her pictures on the cell phone and i found her to be cute and pretty. After i left them my colleague called me up saying that they had talked to the girl and she would like to get to know me. They had taken my pictures and shown them to her previously.

So they would like to arrange a time for us to meet up in a few days or maybe this weekend. My colleague and his girlfriend will be with us. So what should i do or say after i meet the girl, i mean i am a bit shy and not that social. What kind of topics will be better to bring up? Do i need to get myself prepared what to do or say before we meet up or just let it flow naturally? What do you guys normally do when you start your first date? I just have no clues what to say or do. Can anyone here please give me some suggestions and help? thank you so much.

I mean naturally you should think of things to say to spark some sort of conversation, but you should never stick to just what you had planned to say. If you can open her up into conversation, it should flow naturally after that.

The key is finding interests. It sounds cliche, but open ended questions are great help in discovering what interests her. Things such as why she chose her job in cosmetic sales... Has her interest always been in cosmetics? Is she going to school? If not, planning on it? What does she like to do when she's not working at the mall? You can come up with any others on your own... They are golden.

If you want to be up front about how attractive you find her, you could comment on how it's fitting that she be in cosmetics (seeing as she is so pretty) and maybe she should try modeling if the whole cosmetic sales rep doesn't work out? (just an example, don't say that to her if you don't mean it)

I can probably think of some more, but later if needed.

Will any of this help you? Any specific questions?

Don't be upfront about how attractive you think she is. Whenever I meet a girl, the only time I say anything about her looks is more of a backhanded compliment. Something like "you're an attractive girl..... but what else you got goin for ya". That way it seems like you are actually interested in what she has besides her physical attributes.

Plus, you don't want to be upfront with her like that in front of your friend and his girlfriend. It'd make things awkward I think.

Just be funny. At first don't even talk about her background or yours. It's not an interview, it's a date. Have fun talking to her about random bs and get her interested. When she's interested in you, she'll be more likely to want to know details about your life.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, yes, it's helpful. So my friends have arranged it and i am finally going to meet this girl this afternoon at 4 pm. well, my friend told me she is cute and small, with round face. So I don't think she should try modeling. We will have a drink or something after we meet and then my friends will leave us so we two will be alone. em...thinking of going shopping with her and buying her dinner after that and then accompany her back home?

Don't be upfront about how attractive you think she is. Whenever I meet a girl, the only time I say anything about her looks is more of a backhanded compliment. Something like "you're an attractive girl..... but what else you got goin for ya". That way it seems like you are actually interested in what she has besides her physical attributes.

Plus, you don't want to be upfront with her like that in front of your friend and his girlfriend. It'd make things awkward I think.

Just be funny. At first don't even talk about her background or yours. It's not an interview, it's a date. Have fun talking to her about random bs and get her interested. When she's interested in you, she'll be more likely to want to know details about your life.

ok, i will take it easy and just have a casual talk maybe. thanks

Thanks, yes, it's helpful. So my friends have arranged it and i am finally going to meet this girl this afternoon at 4 pm. well, my friend told me she is cute and small, with round face. So I don't think she should try modeling. We will have a drink or something after we meet and then my friends will leave us so we two will be alone. em...thinking of going shopping with her and buying her dinner after that and then accompany her back home?

I know you are being honest but I would be pissed if some random dude said this to me.

How did the date go?

I know you are being honest but I would be pissed if some random dude said this to me.

How did the date go?

I was thinking the same. Hopefully he didn't say anything like that in person, and it was just a reply on here. That said, there are models that are small - they're just not runway/catwalk models.

Don't be upfront about how attractive you think she is.

... but, I've read that it's still good to compliment something indirectly related to prettiness, like something she's wearing. Cause it shows you are attracted to the effort she put in making herself look nice. For example, "That's such a beautiful wedding ring, where did you get it?"

Try to get her to talk about things that interset her. Just ask "So what are your interests" and create that back and forth where you talk about your interests as well.

Just remember that there is NO SUCH THING AS MESSING UP. Talk about anything and remember that the world is full of other women you can meet(in other words don't look at this as "okay. I cant mess up. I have to do everything right."

RELAX. HAVE FUN!

Try to get her to talk about things that interset her. Just ask "So what are your interests" and create that back and forth where you talk about your interests as well.

Just remember that there is NO SUCH THING AS MESSING UP. Talk about anything and remember that the world is full of other women you can meet(in other words don't look at this as "okay. I cant mess up. I have to do everything right."

RELAX. HAVE FUN!

The dates turned out to be quite good. We dated again yesterday after i got back home from Hong Kong after being there for a fortnight. She is chatty and we talked for about an hour at the restaurant. After that we went to the movie again. I wrapped her in my arms and we franch kissed several times after the movie ended. It's getting better than our first date. I sent her home immediately after the movie. We also kissed in the taxi. She smiled after i kissed her and she called me after i left her. lol.

Archived