I'm suffering from job interview burnout

I can't take it anymore. I got laid off in May of 08 from the best job I've ever had in medical sales due to an acquisition. Since, I have been on 50+ interviews. I can't stand talking about my past jobs, my past duties, why I want this new job, why I was let go, what my strengths are, what my ideal manager is, etc etc etc. I'm applying for sales jobs all over the board, not just in medical. I have my college degree, which seems to be as useless as the toilet paper I wipe my butt with. I'm tired. No one ever tells me why I don't get the positions either. I'll email the hiring manager asking him what I may have said/done or what I can improve on...zero responses. I have won numerous awards, been through intense sales training, taken steps to further my education and sales skills and not even a sniff of a job. I go into interviews now and I'm just a drone. I feel like Charlie Brown's teacher, just saying womp womp womp womp womp...

I don't have any $$$, my parents are supporting me with my bills, my girlfriend left me because we could never go out anymore and we couldn't get more serious than we were. I'm depressed and basically losing my mind. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't sleep or eat and when I get sick I'm screwed because I don't have insurance. Don't tell me I'm not the only one, I know I'm not, but it's going on a YEAR! I just can't handle it anymore, no one wants me. ](*,)

We're in the same situation. Damned acquisitions! I hate that word.

I don't know what to say either, except you aren't the only one. I know you don't want to hear that again, but it's true.

link removed

It's nothing to do with YOU. I'm sure you're a fine person. But I can imagine after 50 interviews you are burned out. My husband has been unemployed two months now. But he hasn't had but ONE interview in that time. He's learning to cook.

I will share something that was just suggested to me because the co-worker of a friends was doing it.

Think globally, if you are able and it seems that you can because you are not attached, you can look for employment overseas. Most likely it will be a contract basis or consultant, but those can last 2, 3 or 4 years.

Top 20 Office Manager Interview Que...
Top 20 Office Manager Interview Questions and Answers for 2022

Archived