Second guessing the breakup

wazza
Stop Breakup Regrets - Now!
Stop Breakup Regrets - Now!

I just broke up with my girlfriend yesterday. Since then nothing has been going right for me. I feel worthless and lonely. I'm second guessing all my reasons for breaking up with her. I keep wanting to get back with her, and keep remembering that is a bad idea. I feel like nothing is going to go right for me. help me

we were together for a year and a quarter. we broke up because I didn't feel right being in such a serious relationship. I love her so much but felt we weren't compatible enough to be together for very long. I've been wanting out for some time, but haven't left her because I love her and she makes me really really happy. The negatives in our relationship weren't serious, but the quantity of them seemed to outweigh the positives. I keep wanting to get back with her but i know that it wouldn't be fair to either of us, because i'd just want to be single and i couldn't be the perfect boyfriend I want to be.

I'm 19 and she's 20, but only 6 months older than me. I just keep thinking about her crying and expressing both of our fear of not having each other to cuddle with and come to when we were unhappy. I miss her and i love her so god damned much I don't know what to do cause I fear that if we get back together that desire to leave her will still be there.

don't second guess yourself. you already broke her poor heart once. What if you decide to come back only to realize that you really wanted out??? She would even be more devastated. If you love her, then stick with your decision. You've been thinking about this for a while now, so what good does it do for her if deep down, you will always have doubts when you're with her. Just my 2 cents

Really sorry to hear it, I've been here and it can be so lonely. Ultimately, though, if you have that many reservations about the relationship I would say you're doing the right thing. You seem to have really thought this through and are not a guy who just wants to be free for the sake of being free. You honestly seem to feel that you can't give all of yourself, and that's what makes this such a mature decision. You don't always need glaring negatives to know when a relationship has run its course.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do...and just make sure you follow through all the way once you're certain.

What you feel is natural but I believe you did the honourable thing. You have been at least honest and forthright about it. Some people would push you away, cheat or ignore you as opposed to doing that. So keep faith in how you conducted yourself. Yes she may be hurt but she will respect how you handled it, and your honesty.

Just work through the emotions, process it all and eventually you will begin to feel better.

Right now it's too soon to feel better---you shouldn't expect it after 24 hours. Adjustment is hard, but you will eventually be able to look back and see that, while it was tough, it was the right thing for you to do for yourself in the long run. Hang in there, you'll get through it, spend time with friends, treat yourself a little-do take out if you don't want to cook for one. Trust the decision you made at the time and follow through with it.

Archived