Well I don't know if his religion has anything to do with it, maybe it does because in his culture girls aren't supposed to show too much skin and have to be covered up, so it may be that? But he's not really that conservative, he calls me sexy all the time and most of the time he's fine with what I wear....but he doesn't understand why I would wear a mini skirt. I haven't worn one yet but he asked me if during the summer I wore them, I said I own a few, he asked how short? He didn't sound too happy.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a mix of his religion mostly, along with some possiviness.

He's in the wrong IMO.

I don't dress provocatively either. But ocassionally I wear low cut tops. My boobs are some of my assets I'm "proud" of you could say lol, and I don't see anything wrong with wearing a tastefull top which may show them off. I mean Jeez! Otherwise the options would also be pretty limited too. And I'd only dress with turtlenecks, button ups and t-shirts.

The most leg I show is probably from the knee down unless we're hanging out. Sometimes I'll wear short shorts and luckily the bf makes nice comments.

If he where to pull my top up, I'd feel pretty freakin' insulted too. Like he's saying I look trashy or something or that I have no say in how I dress.

Tell him if you can't show leg, he can't either. (j/k..)

would this be too short?

i'm all about short skirts/dresses/shorts. anything below mid-thigh is too long for me. but i'm starting to think that it's a little too skanky...?

My opinion: no it's not too skanky at all! Sure it shows leg but a) it's not a form fitting dress and b)it doesn't show cleavage. I think a so called rule to go by is usually not to show skin in BOTH places meaning: either show leg OR cleavage. Best not to show both together (though sometimes you can pull it off.

• Like 1

Hmmm that is strange a boyfriend wouldnt like it.. I always thought they love their girls be sexy, and dress nicely. Ofc too revealing, like practicly naked, i could see he would feel uncomfortable, but otherwise.... emm. And in the summer we girls also like to dress with skirts,dresses, etc. Only reason I would say a bf does not like it is that hes a little bit controlling, jealous, territorial, etc. And does not want other guys look at you.

Hmmm, I've heard this argument before, and I've never seen a really good answer.

Although it has been pointed out to me by my friends who are much smarter (and better looking, and more experienced with women) that:

1. Women will often complain if their BF's say something about the way they dress. They'll often accuse their BF's of being controlling or insecure - that they're dressing that way to 'feel sexy' (just for themselves, of course, not to attract other guy's attention, good lord no, if other guys happen to check them out, well that's not their fault...)

2. These same women will also complain if their BF happens to check out *other* women who also happen to be dressing sexy (and if they have BFs too, it's just because they want to feel sexy, not to attract other guy's attention, good lord no, never that).

=).

i was wondering...

image removed

would this be too short?

i'm all about short skirts/dresses/shorts. anything below mid-thigh is too long for me. but i'm starting to think that it's a little too skanky...?

If you're wearing it to the office, it's probably a couple inches too short. If you're wearing it out in the evening, or to a casual event, it's fine.

• Like 1

I don't like wearing anything overly provacative.

My style is my own, I dress for the most part pretty conservatively. In Hollister, American Eagle type clothes.

Every now and then I like to mix it up and wear a cute little dress that shows some skin, a low top with a lace cami under neath, or a short little dress with leggingins.

I think anything EXTREMLY provactive is disrespectful to your SO, but nothing I wear is that way.

And so if my SO were to try to control what I wore, or if I dressed up for him and he would try to cover me up I would be seriously offended.

When a guy tries to control what I wear etc, its an instant deal breaker.

I have my own style, and I know what looks good on me. I wear what I want! Nobody else can tell me otherwise.

Hmmm, I've heard this argument before, and I've never seen a really good answer.

Although it has been pointed out to me by my friends who are much smarter (and better looking, and more experienced with women) that:

1. Women will often complain if their BF's say something about the way they dress. They'll often accuse their BF's of being controlling or insecure - that they're dressing that way to 'feel sexy' (just for themselves, of course, not to attract other guy's attention, good lord no, if other guys happen to check them out, well that's not their fault...)

2. These same women will also complain if their BF happens to check out *other* women who also happen to be dressing sexy (and if they have BFs too, it's just because they want to feel sexy, not to attract other guy's attention, good lord no, never that).

=).

Oh, so a boyfriend can complain about his girlfriend wearing "sexy" clothes but of course, he can check out other girls who happen to be dressed the same, right?

I dated one guy that did, never again =)

I don't dress is overtly revealing clothes usually. Though I admit speggathi tanks would be inappropriate in the workplace, they are so comfy to go shopping or walking outside in the summer!

my bf loves it!

He knows I don't go it for other men's attention. And he likes it when I make an effort to look good. What should I do, dress like plain jane because I don't dare attract attention now that I'm not single? No way! And no, I don't mean dressing overly provacative- just your good old regular sexy.

My boyfriend loves it..he loves knowing he has a 'hot girlfriend' when guys are gawking at me.

But he does get all protective when one approaches me or says something to me.

I don't dress ridiculously skanky..short skirts, cut off shorts, short shorts..cleavage baring tops..tops that show off my tattoo on my hip..I like feeling sexy and my boyfriend loves the confidence that I have..

• 8 years later...
A question for girls in relationships: When you dress in a "sexy" manner, does your boyfriend: a-Like it, b- doesn't approve of it, c- doesn't mind, ?

By sexy, I do not mean overly provocative clothes, but things like: a low cut top showing A BIT of cleavage, tight clothes, a short skirt or dress with tights. Nothing too revealing.

I think every girl has the right to wear what she likes, to want to feel sexy when she wants, so I don't think a boyfriend has any right to object to it if he doesn't like it.

I'm saying this because I dress pretty conservative most of the time, but once in a while I do like to dress a little sexier. I do it because I like it, I like looking good, NOT to attract other guys. It's been on more than one occasion that my boyfriend shows he doesn't like it. The first time was when we went to a restaurant and I took my coat off and revealed a low cut top. My boyfriend's eyes got big (not in a good way) and pulls it up for me. I felt a little offended. I didn't say anything then because we had just started dating. I was just embarrassed and felt kind of insulted. What I was wearing was in NO way too revealing or provocative, I've seen girls wear worse, and he's actually telling me that it's too revealing? In fact I don't even have cleavage, my chest isn't that big.

It's not summer yet, so I haven't yet started wearing mini skirts, shorts, or dresses around him, but now I know when the time comes, he won't like it. But I won't change the way I dress just to comply to him.

So who's in the right and who's wrong? What should one do under these circumstances?

Relationships is understanding each other, complimenting each other, comprising each other, caring each other, givin and take one another, encouraging each other and recognised.

I adopted above principle