Confidence: how to harness it?

Clarity

As a quiet and relatively shy guy (not socially inept, just not the loud, life-of-the-party type), I'm one of many who is told all the time that the key is confidence. Although I'm not sure that confidence is always the answer, I know it's the one thing I'm missing that I can do something about.

The thing is, I feel like I'm so close to finally "getting it", I just don't know how to take that next step. You see, most of my youth, I was overweight, which as you know can cripple anyone's confidence. Nevertheless, I ended up in a LTR which lasted many years and ended almost 3 years ago. Needless to say, being with a girl helped my confidence a bit, but on the other hand, I ended up with zero experience in terms of attracting the opposite sex or approaching them (even my ex pretty much expressed her interest in me first).

Since my breakup, I've made a lot of progress:

1) The first thing I did was get in shape, which took a ton of hard work, but resulted in me now being an attractive, shy, non-confident guy.

2) Since getting over my ex (took over a year for me to even try dating), I have tried online dating, since it was the only way I felt confident enough to meet girls through. I have dated a number of girls (between 5 and 10?) and this has helped my confidence, knowing that at least some girls enjoy my company, and that I can show a girl a good time (it's amazing what you don't know about yourself at 27!)

The thing is, most of the time, I feel like I'm attractive (not to sound conceited), based on the looks and eye contact I get at the gym and when I go running outside - you'd think that would lead to confidence, right? Nope, when it comes to approaching girls at a social place, I'm still a quiet reserved guy.

How do I take the next step? Any success stories? Any little tricks to help make the transition? Online dating has helped me, but I'd prefer to start meeting people just by approaching them in real life

Thanks in advance.

Acting confident is the key. I really don't like the phrase "fake it 'till you make it" but I guess it fits. I used to watch movies and notice how the characters I wanted to be like would act in a given situation (approaching a girl for example) and then I would just make an effort to do what they did.

I have some resources which will help you.

Now this stuff, is pretty AWESOME. It opened my eyes, it teaches u things u never even thought of! Some effective concepts in the following two ebooks, which after reading just a few pages, you'll already feel like you've accomplished something, and you'll feel happy and on your way to confidence.Check them out.And let me know what u think, and how or if these books have made a difference..

Download and read this:

link removed

Also

link removed

Sigma Male Definition | Top 11 Char...
Sigma Male Definition | Top 11 Characteristics of Sigma Males

Archived