The college is hosting a gathering called H.O.U.S. that's going to have a panel where students can ask questions to professionals working in the housing field, housing is what I started studying this semester. I feel kind of rushed into stuff as I'm only a sophmore, and they say this can lead to connections for interships. I definitely don't want to intern before my senior year, due to being on disability and the potentional to lose that income by earning too much money. So what would you do, wait until next year and hope they have another meeting. Go to this one even if you don't feel ready. Talk to my advisor and see what she says to do?

I'll take any opionions. I really don't know if I should go. I'm going to court that morning and would have to make a special trip to campus for the dinner, event.

Jetta

I would definitely go even if you're the least bit curious. It's a great opportunity to get some questions answered, and you're not being pressured to make any major decisions on the spot or jump into something you're not ready for. It's just a place where people can get together to inform and be informed.

Even if you don't get anything out of it, what do you really have to lose by going? I've gone to career panels for other things even when I was younger and it always allowed me the chance to get some contacts and at the very least ideas for myself. I'd say talk to your advisor if it makes you feel any better and try to go. A year is a long time to wait and you might regret not giving it a shot from now until then.

Archived