What is that pivotal moment that made you realize that it would only get better from that point on?

I had my turning point on New Years. It was sometime on the morning of new year's day where I got a call from one of my ex's friends. Apparently I had texted the friend to wish her a happy new year, since she sent me a birthday message on facebook.

The friend, who was obviously drunk over the fun, started rambling on and on about a bunch of stuff. But at one point she started talking about my ex, which I told her to stop the moment she started even mentioning her. The friend kept going though, and eventually stated something along the lines of "you didn't deserve what happened to you" and "any girl would be really lucky to have a great guy like you." After we ended the call, I cried like a baby (lol) but I felt a lot better about myself. Those were the words I needed to hear from someone else, and that coming from one of my ex's friends (who I pretty much shut out of my life, since they're practically best friends) made it even better.

I still think about my ex sometimes, but I know I'm better off. Besides, I'm dating a girl now who is really showing me different sides of myself that I have always tried to hide. Very happy with the state I'm in.

Archived