Can he talk himself into fully believing it was awful?

LCmay322

Ok so this question is mostly out of curiosity..

I was talking to my ex last night, (We have been broken up for 7 months after a 5 year relationship to have some time to ourselves) we talk about once every month or two. It was a fairly normal conversation except for some parts but I noticed that he was, I don't want to say 'bashing' our past relationship, but he was kind of saying bad things about it.

Now we dated for 5 years so it obviously wasn't a bad relationship and we broke up on good terms...

I think he is trying to tell himself bad things about our relationship or only remember the bad times so that it is easier to move on. And that is very understandable, I've done that, we all do that to help.

The question is could he actually tell himself that stuff enough to where he fully believes it? I still have hope for reconciliation so I don't want him to dilute his mind with things that aren't neccesarily true.

Anyone have any input? And if you need more details just let me know!

Thanks!

It could be that he knows you are hoping to get back together and he has decided that he doesn’t want to, and by talking this way he is saying it without saying it. Or it could be a power thing, if he takes you back he is doing you a favor and thus he gets the upper hand in the power struggle.(this would be in a dysfunctional relationship)

Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

Archived