I'm in shock..

LilBear

My younger sister, who is studying 4 hours away from home, broke up with her boyfriend towards the end of January. And I only just found out tonight!! Apparently my mom was reading her blog and she mentioned something about it. The reason she gave for their breaking up was because she doesn't feel he wants the same things as she does. They have been together for almost 6 years. My mom's disappointed.

Thing is, she only just came back last week to visit my father who has been sick recently, with the guy, and never mentioned anything. I respect her need for privacy, especially since my mom is the prying kind. But she could have said something to me. She mentioned in her blog that we are not to ask her about the break-up, and how she is doing, so on and so forth. I intend to respect her wishes.

I'm just so shocked that they broke up, having been together for so long. I like the guy and all. But then again, I always thought that they were very different people and want different things out of life. I thought they were happy regardless. But she's still good friends with him and all, it seems. They have lunch and dinner together often even after breaking up.

It's so hard to believe.

Its true everyone has a different way to cope. I know when I broke up with someone in the past I didn't tell my family right away. Not because I didn't love my family or whatever but because for me talking about it would make it more real & I needed time to heal first before talking about it.

Dont take offense to it either, just respect her wishes & once she is ready to talk I'm sure she will.

Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?

Archived