The Good People Of This World

Karibo

Lately I've just seen all the bad stuff that the people create in this world. It's becoming depressing feeling cynical about everything and almost everyone. I see our society focussed on all the wrong things (in my opinion) like celebrities, money, power, sex, stereotypes, war etc and it really gets me down.

I feel like I need to rebalance - to focus more on the good stuff, the people who are actively helping people and look beyond all this other stuff.

I'd like this thread to be a place where people can write about inspiring people so that people can see that there is goodness left in the world.

This is NOT a thread for slating people, but PRAISING who does inspire us.

Thank you. It will be a great help i'm sure.

Firsty..turn off the tv.The news and media always biased to bad.Start also to realise that there is much good in the world. The main focus is gentleness in our soul.Why dont you visit your local hospital and see how there are good people who save lives and comfort the sick? You start to realise that our minds are mainly let down by what we allow into it. Focus on good things and they will change the way you feel.

Sometimes we are overly tired and we seem to focus more on the negative.We must be aware to rest..and regenerate our energies some times..

Some magicians might look at the audience and say to themselves, “Well, there is a bunch of suckers out there, a bunch of hicks; I’ll fool them all right.”

But there was one magician who chose to differ; he had a genuine interest in people, “I am grateful because these people come to see me, They make it possible for me to make my living in a very agreeable way. I’m going to give them the very best I possibly can.”

More than 60 million people had paid admission to his show, and he had made

almost $2 million in profit. His name is Howard Thurston

There's the man in my MA course who reviews books for a living and raises three happy children with love and affection. He's still young and would often love to get out with the boys, but he knows his priorities and will never shirk them. An international man of letters who always looks for the meaning in things, from light of a summer afternoon to the election of a black president.

The president of my country, who has led a life devoted to helping others.

That young puppy of a man who has led a blameless life, hurt no one, grown a fantastic beard and gone on to work for NASA. He will do great things.

My mother, who is not a perfect woman, who worked fifty hours weeks, who came home every night to cook me dinner, who supported me in school scholastically and monetarily, who listened to every self-centered complaint I've ever made, who has given me advice when I needed it and love when I didn't deserve it and who at the end of it all still thinks she should have done a better job... A person that I'm thankful for every single day.

To my grandfather, who, on his death bed, asked but one thing of my grandmother, and that was to put any grandchild of his through college, if they earn the right to be there. To my grandmother for following through on that request.

A friend from high school who worked hard, got all the right grades, did all the right things and wound up not with the high paying super job but as an elementary school teacher in a high density district. Not because it was all she could get... But because she loves children.

I could go on, but someone else should take the floor...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but when I think of someone who gets me down, in most cases, I feel sorry for them.

As for things I see on the news or read somewhere, I just turn it off or tune out. I haven't had a working TV for a long time because of this sort of constant nonsense. link removed is notorious for this constant spewing of negativity. Just between you and me, I turn my cell phone off all the time to avoid my dad who is much like this!

I'm not sure about anyone else, but when I think of someone who gets me down, in most cases, I feel sorry for them.

As for things I see on the news or read somewhere, I just turn it off or tune out. I haven't had a working TV for a long time because of this sort of constant nonsense. link removed is notorious for this constant spewing of negativity. Just between you and me, I turn my cell phone off all the time to avoid my dad who is much like this!

Very interesting way of living.

Archived