Not sure if Im interested in him

sadstuff

Hey guys! Im hoping you can give you your opinion on my situation.. this guy at work seems to like me, Im not too sure if I want to be in a relationship with him or not, i wouldn’t mind getting to know him better and but Ive never really "dated" a guy, Ive been in 2 long term relationships but they have all started off pretty awkwardly since Im pretty shy when it comes to starting a new relationship. He asked me to go skating with him tomorrow at lunch and I agreed.

One issue that I have about dating this guy is that the last relationship that I had was also at work and my ex is now dating someone else that we all work with.. and we are not on good terms.. so I just dont know how dating another guy from work would look...

Hes also the first guy to approach me since I broke up with my ex which was a few month ago so I dont know if Im semi interested because of that reason or not.. he doesnt really seem to be my type but should I give it a try anyways? I thinking I might be finding flaws because Im nervous about starting something new..

What do you think?

Why not? I think you have some past insecurities from the last work boyfriend and you owe it to yourself to love again or at least try to find someone.To do so perhaps you should give this guy a go .If he is not your type afterwards then deal with it afterwards.

dating is simply getting to know someone better. go out for coffee, movies, walks, etc.... talk to him and get to know him. after a few weeks or months of hanging out, you may have a clearer picture of him in your head and know if you want to be in a relationship with him or not. i would give the guy a chance and just see what he is about.

yeah, well we work in a connecting buildings.. same with the ex and his new girlfriend. My two relationships have both started off at work, my first one when I was a teenager (first part time job) and the latest one while in grad school (work)… its just that we all hang out together afterwards and have similar friends.... it was pretty dramatic when my recent ex and I broke up because both our sets of friends stopped hanging out together because it wasn’t a good breakup... I just dont want to go through that again but I also dont want to pass up opportunities to get to know ppl, especially if Ive never really casually dated before.

lol - that's true too! obviously, when you meet someone really great at work, it can be complicated. i would recommend keeping things very quiet until you are more of an established couple. i would try to treat him as any other co-worker during the day, and don't feed into any office gossip or do anything lovey-dovey together at the office or talk about your dates.

lol - that's true too! obviously, when you meet someone really great at work, it can be complicated. i would recommend keeping things very quiet until you are more of an established couple. i would try to treat him as any other co-worker during the day, and don't feed into any office gossip or do anything lovey-dovey together at the office or talk about your dates.

hheeh..wed kick ourselves if he was the perfect one so give it a go..

I worked with my ex and we had a lovely relationship OUTSIDE of work and kept work strictly professional. We lasted 8 months; nobody knew a thing! We were that good...it was actually fun too. He would text me in the middle of the day saying "i love that sexy look you just gave me." we were in separate divisions. Just know how to separate the two, if you can handle it...GREAT.

.. this guy at work seems to like me, Im not too sure if I want to be in a relationship with him or not,

Hey there,

Has he asked you out yet?

I wouldn't worry too much about any of this until he actually asks you out...and then just go with it and take it slow.

He seems to like you? well, get to know him, and take your time.

At work is where it seems that the majority of people meet their partners. Just be discreet, nothing worst than having your relationship be observed, dissected and judged by everyone at work

Have fun...it's all about the journey

you do have a point ghost.. Its just that I am an extremely shy girl, well when it comes to a new relationship anyways. It takes so much effort for me to try to be normal around a guy once I find out that he likes me that its hard for me to just hang out with him… when I do find out a guy likes me I either try to ignore his advances if Im really not interested or have all these scenarios go through my mind to convince myself to try it out even if we are just hanging out…

I guess my point here is that I feel like I have to decide if I want to be with him or not before I even try to hang out with him because I don’t want to give him the wrong idea if I end up not being interested.

Archived