Had a ? about job offer

gbpack

I had a job offer two weeks ago and I took it because i just graduated college and was in need of a job. The day i get the job offer, a company i applied for about a month ago, (my number 1 choice) called me for a phone interview which i passed and just had a face to face interview today which i thought went really well. My question is if they do offer me the job which im hoping they do because i will take it, what should i tell the company i currently work for? I feel bad but this is my career and I feel this is something you should be a little selfih about. Thanks guys

Do what suits you best because believe me companies do the same. Explain to your existing employer that you are sorry but you got hired for a more suited position for you which you have been after for quite some time. Make sure though to give sufficient notice of leaving which is usually 2 weeks and everything should be fine

Look, why must you ask questions that you already know the answer to? The real question you should be asking is "Why am I afraid to look out for my best interest to begin with?". Tell your old work..."Look, this is my life and my career and I received a better offer. Thanks!!".

You have worked long and hard at school and you deserve the best job you can find!! Besides, graduating from school gives you options, now that you have the best option, why in the WORLD would you turn it down?!!

don't just flat out tell them you found another job. if you get the other job, ask them if you can start in 2 weeks. give your new job a 2 weeks notice to stay on good terms. it might not work out at the other one. if your preferable job says they want you to start immediately, i guess take your chances and just quit the other.

Archived