Shy guy + shy girl?

xxNPxx

Ok. Here's the situation. I'm thinking about asking out my chem lab partner. She's a little more shy then I am, I'm the one that usually initiates all the small talk but it's fine with me. The teacher always calls us the two quietest people in class, because well... we are. I think we make an pretty good team, seeing as we often make the same mistakes I might get the wrong solution while she might forget to turn on a machine or be hesitant to ask for help when we both agree that the experiment is clearly not working as it should.

Anyways. I don't have a problem asking her out, it's all about a matter of timing. Since we see each other once a week and I have her phone number, I've been debating with myself about how I should approach. I kinda don't want to wait until next week but then again would it be better to ask her in person anyways? If I called I could set up a quick date within a few hours because we both live pretty close on campus.

Any advice for asking this girl out?

And how do relationship work with shy guys and shy girls?

I know I'm very shy, but in the case of the girl I'm thinking about asking out, I'm less shy then her. I feel more comfortable around her then I do other girls, I feel I can easily talk to her. However, she's no model, but I think she has a cute look to her, and many people say I'm a good looking guy. I'm just hoping that she doesn't have a boyfriend!

Maybe I should ask her during class. Just a quick, "Are you seeing anyone?" or something to that effect rather then calling?

What's the best course of action?

I can and will. I'm just curious as to what can increase my chances of success. lol I was planning to ask her out today but I've only got 3 hours of sleep and not feeling at my best. Maybe after a nap first.

Called her... And I kinda was at a loss of words until she broke the silence with, "I didn't see you at the exam... were you sick?"

Seeing as I missed a pretty important exam I immediately relaxed and we had something to talk about.

But after we finished business it became a little awkward. She was kinda like, "Yup..." long pause. Then I said, "Yeah..." then another long pause. Which was kinda how the conversation began. Once I figure out how I missed an exam I'll try again. This time I'll do it in person!

Nah, you're doing fine, bud. Just now that you've already called her and had a little convo, do it again in the next couple of days. Maybe on Saturday night or something.

Ask her tomorrow if she has plans for the weekend, if she doesn't seem to (and this might give you the answer of her having a man without having to ask that question), then just call her up or ask her if she'd like to get together for something simple like hot chocolate/coffee/tea, etc.

Best of luck! You can do it, I can tell that you've got the guts to follow through with what you desire, despite being a shy guy. That's admirable, man!

-Roberto

well,i'm a rather shy girl,and altho I agree with the previous statements that you should just do it, I wouldn't want to come on too strong if I were you,just start by "homework and coffee" or maybe go out to "lunch and get to know each other" just little things as "friends" that will make her more comfortable with you,then you can move up to movies and this that and the other thing, but being friends first and being comfortable is always key....

Alright time for a bit of an update on what's going on. So far I've met up with her in class and we were once again working on a new lab. I initiated some small talk with her though it didn't last long. I noticed that she didn't even look at me if she could avoid it. I ended up not being able to ask her out because I just didn't feel anything. Although when I was at home and had spent a few times thinking about not having a girlfriend and about not taking action I called. She didn't answer my call. She didn't return my call either. I decided to just give up. I've called her 2 times before strictly for school work and she never returned my call. She said she was too busy.

Maybe she doesn't have any interest in me at all? I gave it a good shot. Way more then I usually am able to do which is not call or even attempt to be friendly. Now I'm a little more comfortable with calling girls though. It took me a few hours compared to a few days with the last call. Now I also get less nervous when calling so that's a plus.

I think its time to call it quits. I learned what I could from the experience. I'm thinking I need to move on assuming she doesn't call me tonight.

Now I have to find another girl. I'm hardly comfortable with anyone in a large lecture and the only one I had a bit of attraction to, and felt comfortable with, won't even return my phone calls! This kinda sucks.

Archived