Is this the right time?

serenity.sarco

I think I know what to do here, but I just want other people's opinions on the matter so I'm going to ask.

I've been friends with this guy for almost five years now and I feel like I love him. I can't say if it is "love" because we've never had a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, but I'm always thinking about him and I feel like I can't live without him, and everything points me to think love. I know he's liked me before, and I know, whether or not he shows it, he has strong feelings for me, but he has a girlfriend right now. I don't want to interfere with his relationship at all, not if he's happy, but we're both seniors with three months left of high school and I really want to tell him how I feel, before there's a chance I have to live never having confessed these feelings. How should I approach this? Without creating the wrong image of me wanting him to drop everything and be with me. I'd wait forever, I just don't know how to tell him.

Wait until the last time you see him at school and then write him a letter/email and tell him just exactly how you feel. Tell him that you are by no means trying to ruin his existing relationship but explain to him that you guys may part ways now and you just wanted to get this off your chest without regrets later. Most people would say this is crossing someone else's territory but I disagree because you are being honest and it's up to him how to react. A simple email is not overly aggressive. Who knows he may be dating this girl lightly and it may not last with her but by holding back you could miss out on agreat thing. If he tells you he is happy who he is with then respect that and try to remain friends and don't impose yourself on him anymore until he is single again or better yet until he approaches you in that way

• 2 weeks later...

Archived