Financial and Academic pressure is REALLY STRESSING ME OUT

Recently I've been feeling a lot of financial pressure to keep up with my wealthy friends and it doesn't help that my boyfriend is loaded. I lost my part time job in a store due to it closing down and although my family are middle class and for the most part quite comfortable they've been struggling a lot of late so I rarely get my allowance so things are tight.

Anyway today I've had the most stressful day. My boyfriend told me reading tickets are coming out on monday 30th and they're £165 (I have to go to this music festival, I want to go so badly and all my friends are going) and i didn't realise I had so little time to come up with the money so I spoke to my mum and she said she'd give me £100 but i need to make the £65 so i'm stressing a little but she's agreed to write me a CV and there is a sign in this deli for part time work so i'll apply there but I doubt i'll get the position.

Also in school I've been freaking out, especially today. I had an awful day. My history teacher lost her folder which contained four of my handwritten essays i'd spent ages on. So that annoyed me. Then my french lesson got cancelled which happens a lot and consquently i am freaking out, especially as the french department is so bad and I have my AS exams really soon.

And I got my french mock examination result back and due to the fact that I had to sit it in limited amount of time unsupervised with loads of people talking and i didn't even get to do half of the reading or listening at all i got an F so I flipped out at my teacher but then she said I didn't need to stress at all because my oral was really good and the reason I did so badly was because of the conditions the exam was set in. And the majority of the class failed because they couldn't arrange it properly and that I could do my listening and reading again on Thursday. But I'm still worried about my progress and also I'm going to an Oxford Univercity open day soon because my teacher says I have to grades to apply and i'm expected to get high grades. And this worries me because I know I've slipped a lot in school and I'm not sure I can get these grades anymore and I'm getting some exam module results back next week and I just feel like I'm gonna get a really bad grade and have to resit them and then my teacher might tell me I shouldn't come to the Oxford open day.

Its just getting too much and its getting me down, everything other than this is going well but I feel so stressed, I've never felt like this before-its awful-I HATE IT. How do I stop it?! I don't want so many worries.

I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think it is. I felt terribly stressed before my university entrance exam and upon reflection, i shouldn't have felt that way - everything was under control, it was just how i chose to look at it that made me feel exceptionally awful and out of control.

If school is really worrying you that much, and if you want to do well and fear that you might not be able to, why don't you put some of your other priorities aside and focus on your studies for now? The music festival might be a once in a lifetime thing but your education is much more important. I know back then, i wouldn't have given up studying time for the world because i had goals in mind. You need to ask yourself what is most important to you at the moment. Take a deep breath. It really isn't as bad as you think it is. Trust me.

Archived