Is "The Bachelor" Representative of Modern-Day Relationships?

Ariel85

I'm Missing My Boyfriend Too Mu...
I'm Missing My Boyfriend Too Much - What Now?

Did anyone catch this train wreck last night?

OK, admittedly, this IS reality TV, HOWEVER, I can't help but feel that this story is a commentary on current dating trends. Boy meets girl, boy proposes to girl, boy changes his mind, and 10 minutes later, tries to hook up with option TWO.

OK, admittedly, this IS reality TV, HOWEVER, I can't help but feel that this story is a commentary on current dating trends. Boy meets girl, boy proposes to girl, boy changes his mind, and 10 minutes later, tries to hook up with option TWO.

I really hope not! Society might just be doomed...

I think that shows like that have it set up so that the guy *has* to propose to the gal at the end. I mean so much talk about it being the place where he will found the one...harder to admit that maybe at end none of the gals on the show were really the ones. And how well can you get to know someone in front of the camera?

I think that the most unreal things on TV these days are 'reality' shows.

Well, reality shows have actual writers and editors. What you see is carefully chosen to build a story...and really most of us are far too boring for TV anyway in their eyes. But that's fine with me!

Never mind, the story was on MSNBC (shamefully). Yea apparently dating is like shopping for clothes, if you don't like em you can just return them and buy new ones. Loyalty and true uniqueness is dying to showmanship and comfort.

Never mind, the story was on MSNBC (shamefully). Yea apparently dating is like shopping for clothes, if you don't like em you can just return them and buy new ones. Loyalty and true uniqueness is dying to showmanship and comfort.

Actually, it's not going anywhere.

People have this idea that our morals are dissolving, when they've remained basically the same for a long period of time.

I far from think that things are getting worse. This is just the first time you're going to see this nonsense on television. People like trainwrecks. But, it isn't a good representative.

life and dating is not like those shows. while i think some things are real on reality tv shows, i think there is some 'scripting' or direction for the show to take infused by the production crew. the only reality shows that are real are the ones that capture accidents and such on camera.

No, its just that real life relationships take too long and are too boring to fit into a neatly packaged season of 30 minute episodes.

People don't watch shows like that for the love or compassion, they watch it for the drama, and shows like that seem to be all about the drama. If getting married was that much hassle, noone would be married, honestly.

Actually, it's not going anywhere.

People have this idea that our morals are dissolving, when they've remained basically the same for a long period of time.

I far from think that things are getting worse. This is just the first time you're going to see this nonsense on television. People like trainwrecks. But, it isn't a good representative.

People do like trainwrecks...I mean why do people slow down when they pass an auto accident? Drama.

Morals haven't disappeared. Plenty of people were crazy, shifty, and players in the olden days. I just think that today more people are forthcoming and - dare I say - even proud of it.

I just think the show is just another reality show that people get to see a guy single looking for love and basically comes down to 2 girls which 1 will get kicked off. But, really what are the chances of the two even staying together. This show has been on for quiet sometime now and really 1 couple ended marrying and having a child together. The rest of the others have made headline news because they aren't together any longer.

I just think that they display dating and finding the person who you would want to spend the rest of your life with in not a very great display. The show is just total drama. I think that people can find love without going on a show in front of the whole entire country on TV. People can find someone to be with by looking for it themselves.

no that show is a piece of crap and the ending was planned out by producers (well thats what the rumor is anyway). its a stupid show, the guy on it is a total a-hole with a funny shaped head and it really grosses me out that me makes out with all those women right after each other. ew.

no that show is a piece of crap and the ending was planned out by producers (well thats what the rumor is anyway). its a stupid show, the guy on it is a total a-hole with a funny shaped head and it really grosses me out that me makes out with all those women right after each other. ew.

I would have to agree...Most reality shows like this are usually regid big time..What are the chances of this guy staying with the girl he picked at the end. How many season of this show has gone on and 1 couple ended getting married?!!! Isn't that a sign that this show isn't working or let alone get the greatest image...I just got to wonder why people create this kind of show.

I think every bachelor show has failed with the rel... except one...

Yup and there always coming back again and again.

Look at Vh1 and there rock of love isn't it on the 5th season or something ?? But i guess what ever brings in the ratings and money.

I did not watch this but did see the latest updates. My opinion is this is TV and the people involved are all actors, either novice or accomplished of some sort. It sounds so ridiculously made up I am glad I never got into this show.

And how can it be reality? How many people have you met in your life who actually picked their spouse frmo a line up of people on a tv show? So of course not, it isn't depicting modern day relationships at all. This is very atypical to ask someone to marry you who got thru a round of dates with about ten other candidates or so.

The show was successful in its goal and that is to gain a lot of viewers and have people talking about the scuttlebutt of it all.

Archived