*meet the parents*

idontakre6203

Well, this is quite an interesting topic, not one that I need to be concerned with quite yet, but I'd still like answers. Let me just get to the point... When a girl invites you to her house, how should you act? Obviously you need to be well mannered, have a positive attitude, etc... But what kind of things can you discuss with her parents if you are left alone with them? Business? Their home? lol, I'm just curious what the best subject/topis would be... I don't want to just sit there, listenting to nothing and speaking silence, ya know? lol, well thank you very much for your time! Any advice is appreciated!

Hey Idon, My best suggestion would be to feel the parents out, if the dad is straight up business man, talk business, if the have a good sense of humor, or are really laid back, cut up with them, but careful not to take it too far. I've never had a problem meeting my gf's parents, infact, its something that I actually look forward to. Ask your gf some pointers before you get there so you can be prepared, like whats her dad do for a living, if you are in school, (college) be prepared to talk about your schooling, as its a pretty common subject for any parent to talk about. Youre gf being their daughter, they prolly know more about you than you think, like what you do for a living, brothers and sisters, all the little things that parents want to know about their childs date. All in all, kep it professional, keep it clean, and keep it fun. (unless the parents are sticks in the mud) Hope this helps!

Well, meeting the parents can be an intimidating event. If you are educated in the field of business and things that they would be interested in, then by all means, talk about that. Usually, parents provide the questions in the first meeting. They want to know about you and who you are. So before going there, have a clear idea of what to say regarding school, your job, your parents, and exciting things you have done (maybe trips or something). You can tell them about hobbies that you have or your interests. It is okay to have a sense of humor as well. Throw a joke in there once in a while if you can. In other words, you dont have to be totally uptight or "proper". If you loosen up a bit then they feel more comfortable with you. Most importantly, be yourself. Parents can detect a "faker"(one just trying to please) from a mile away. So use your natural charm but dont overexaggerate anything. Good luck!!!