Working with ex who is flirting with co-workers

makena
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

I have been split from my ex (who I dated for about two years). We work together and in the last few weeks (we have been broken up for 52 days), I have been feeling really happy and feeling positive. Last Monday, I put my foot down and decided to go NC, since my ex would try to still kiss and grab me or hug me at work. I told him I would tell our boss if he tried to grab me again. Anyways, now that I have done a better job of smiling and laughing at work, he is going out of his way to hit on and flirt with every other female at work. The ironic thing is that he last stated to me that he hoped that we could be okay at work and someday be friends.

Anyways, why is it that once I am happy, he is trying to be so cruel and flirt with others in front of me (these are all girls that I know and who know that I have been with my ex for a while). A friend said that his flirting is because he is trying to get me jealous (since it seems like I am over him) and that he is hurt. Can anyone explain this to me?

Your friend probably has the right idea. Your ex probably still wants to know that you're hurting, perhaps an ego feed, because it really does hurt when someone doesn't want you anymore. No matter what he said last, actions speak for themselves.

Try and let it go. If you don't react to all the flirting, he might tone it down to a more natural level. You aren't a part of each other's lives anymore so it's really important that you divorce yourself from that as much as possible, even if he is being immature and rubbing it in your face. NC is a good way to start, as much as is possible when you work together.

It's exactly what your friend said...he is flirting to make you jealous. Strange that you posted this topic, because I just got off the phone with one of my female co-workers and was telling her how I would NEVER date a guy at work...yipes!

It's best to keep business and pleasure separate.

Thx for your responses. It totally makes sense. I forgot to mention that I have lost around 10-15 pounds and have been looking really good at work and have been getting a lot of compliments from my co-workers. I know that it is killing him to see me happy since, I am usually really sad and look pretty torn up when I am at work after one of our "many" breakups. Thx again for the input.

Makena, I understand you because I used to work with my ex-wife and kind of went through the same thing....

advise # uno: IGNORE HIM...period

advise # dos: BE HAPPY......period

advise # tres: DONT DO THE SAME....period

good luck little frien!

Archived