All the little things that remind me of my ex... I can't take it.

Today i feel horrible, it's such a nice day out, it's been cold and snowy all week and now for the first time in months it's warm and sunny and clear out where i live. It reminds me of summer, and summer reminds me of my ex =(

I'm really afraid i'm going to have a depressing summer this year, it's my first summer since the break up and i'm frequently going to be reminded of all the things we used to do together, pick berries in the woods, going skinny dipping in the river behind his house, sneak out at night to walk to eachother's houses... I just can't imagine this summer being the same, especially with my current boyfriend... spending a summer with him just doesn't feel right. I met him around halloween and I associate him with winter now and i just feel so messed up right now and i'm just babbling on about something stupid having to do with boyfriend's and seasons lol....

It sounds really dumb but it actually really hurts knowing this summer isn't going to be the same, i miss the way things used to be... and i know i really shouldn't, but i still kind of miss my ex. Maybe not even kind of.... alot.

I don't know. What kinds of things remind you guys about your exes?

It's normal to feel this way, but if your feelings aren't strong for your current boyfriend, that's kind of jacked up. You aren't giving him the proper chance and if he doesn't blow your ex away, do you really like and want to be with him, or are you just looking for somebody to fill the time and void?

You can always make new and better memories. Time is our most precious commodity so don't waste it on somebody who isn't with you.

I'm going to have the opposite problem much later this year. When halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years rolls around (basically all of the fall / winter holidays) I'm going to be reminded of my ex because thats when we were together, and we did ALOT of things during the holidays (especially Christmas). I would just say try to put your ex out of your head, and focus on building NEW memories with your current boyfriend. Remember that there are alot of summer activities to do, and probably many that you can do with your current boyfriend that you did not do with your ex. What your feeling is perfectly normal though, and it does not necessarily mean that your still not over your ex, all of these things reminding you of him are just making you nostalgic, and probably to an extent putting your ex back on the pedestal that you have worked so hard to knock him off of during the course of your post-breakup time. So do your best to put the past in the past, and build some new memories with your current bf; also remember that focusing on your ex can ruin any chances your current relationship has.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived