Had bad night/day with girlfriend...my fault

WizardofOz

I haven't gotten much sleep the past few days and have been pretty grumpy and unpleasant to be around. I have also been having a rough time with school and staying committed and feel that my girlfriend is the only bright spot in my life right now. Therefore, the only thing I have been looking forward to in the past month or so is spending time with her.

I spent last night and this morning with her and things didn't go too well. I was tired and grumpy because of what I said above and because she was also a bit off herself. Neither of us had a good time and things were left a bit bumpy. She told me that she would call me tomorrow but I could tell she didn't enjoy herself.

I feel bad for the whole thing. Things havent been great with us of late. I feel that if I lose her, my world will come crashing down. As I said above, she is the only thing I look forward to in life right now.

My question is should I call her later today and apologize for everything and set up a nice evening with her tomorrow night. I want to get things back to normal before it's too late. I want to explain all of this to her but I am hesitant because I will come of as being overly needy and I know that is a big turn-off for her.

I would do just what you had said...call her, apologize and plan a nice evening with her.

And don't be afraid of explaining to her why you've been moody. I don't see why she wouldn't understand. Everyone gets grumpy at one point or another.

This same thing happened to me the other day. I've been super stressed with school (among other things) and sort of took it out on my boyfriend.

But you know what? I talked to him and explained why I'd been so grumpy lately and apoligized for taking it out on him. He completely understood. Things are back to normal now.

Call your girlfriend and explain your mood. Be apologetic, but don't over-explain yourself. Everyone has bad days, and every couple goes through rough patches. Things will go back to normal soon enough.

May I also suggest finding something else to make you happy? It's not fair to have all your happiness depend on your girlfriend. Find some other rays of sunshine in your life: volunteer, read a good book, watch a funny show. It'll help you feel less grumpy.

Archived