enlighten me.. someone?

wtm78

there are lots of thoughts running through my mind right now. questions i do not have answers for. why am i feeling the way i feel? what happen triggered them? i do not know. all i know is i felt frustrated. i felt frustrated mixing with people that are not "real", people who do not speak what they feel. i am not talking about people who are private and have secrets. i am talking about people who say things they do not believe in, who talks big and not sincere. i am full of frustration, that i have to even spend my time with this people. maybe i am immature you may think. but the thought of that really put me in disgust. i feel trap. trap in a situation that i cant control. i wish i dont have to spend time with them. i wish i can just walk away. but when you are a mature adult man. you have no excuse no more. you entertain them and make them enjoy themselves. but you are full of disgust. what can i do? how can i find peace again?

I can appreciate your frustration, yet I don't understand where you've picked up the idea that adults must play in the same sandbox with people we don't want to be around.

Work and school are limited exceptions, work making no claims to be a socially therapeutic environment, and school being a place where we're sometimes required to accomplish tasks with groups. Otherwise, there are limits to any need for socializing in these environments, and going beyond those limits is voluntary.

Why do you believe that as an adult you're at the mercy of people you find socially appalling?

In your corner.

I can appreciate your frustration, yet I don't understand where you've picked up the idea that adults must play in the same sandbox with people we don't want to be around.

Work and school are limited exceptions, work making no claims to be a socially therapeutic environment, and school being a place where we're sometimes required to accomplish tasks with groups. Otherwise, there are limits to any need for socializing in these environments, and going beyond those limits is voluntary.

Why do you believe that as an adult you're at the mercy of people you find socially appalling?

In your corner.

one is my colleague who is my next cubical and have to work closely with. the other is a friend who by circumsances i have to see twice every week for a few hours... so yes... that is why i have to play in the same sandbox...

i feel trap. trap in a situation that i cant control.

Maybe you should seek a new profession, if it is at all possible.

I think if you stop trying to please these people and act yourself by focusing on yourself (not the reactions), they'll respond to you in a different way. If not, at least you don't have to bend over backwards for them, right?

Archived