Realy getting fed up of thinking of ex

and again
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Been apart from ex for 5 weeks and so fed up with her going around in my mind,Yes she was all i wanted, thats what i feel i was happy and quite sure it would not of changed. I was the best thing that had happened to her and i cant work out why she left me. I never will never be able to work that out. And she wont tell me. She is still single and wants to remain that way. She is adamant that she will never be with any one again. That gives me a little comfort. Im not stupid enough to believe that will be the case forever. But i do believe it for now.

She has a lot of issues bags full, i would have worked through them all with her, but no she ran. We could have had it all.

Now we have nothng and no reason for it. But i am so sick of thinking of her. I suppose im only gratefull that we had only been together 6 months. Ive got to try and start smileing and move on. I come on here every day thinking, trying to work it all out, diffrent threads Ahh it could be this or that. But no she`s just messed up, and ive got to watch out she doesnt take me with her. Rant over.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how come she didn't give you a reason about the break up? Strange...did she have any unusual behaviour before the break up? What was the problem between you two? Maybe all these questions stop you from moving on..

I know how you feel, but the sad truth is that people change and sometimes you can't do anything about it. Things do get better, just give yourself time to 'grieve' whilst keeping in mind that there isn't one 'special' person out there for you-there are thousands, and one day you'll meet the one that will last and you'll have forgotten all about what you're going through now.

Please don't torture yourself-learn from this as best you can, and move on to a place where you can be happy.

Take care.

how come she didn't give you a reason about the break up? Strange...did she have any unusual behaviour before the break up? What was the problem between you two? Maybe all these questions stop you from moving on..

She said she can handle a relationship, ive actually seen her sobbing her heart out to the fact on one of our past breakps, saying how her head is so messed by bad ex`s.

I know how you feel, but the sad truth is that people change and sometimes you can't do anything about it. Things do get better, just give yourself time to 'grieve' whilst keeping in mind that there isn't one 'special' person out there for you-there are thousands, and one day you'll meet the one that will last and you'll have forgotten all about what you're going through now.

Please don't torture yourself-learn from this as best you can, and move on to a place where you can be happy.

Take care.

Its just been one of them weeks, im breaking my heart over her today, and dont know why, is it her or is it the fact that ive got to start the whole dateing game again, when i was happy with what i had. Get fed up of trying to meet new girls. Some times you can look at it and feel excited by who may be next, the other times you feel whats the point. Ive got a good enough life but just want that special person to share it with. But then you think i dont want to go through this hurt again. There were plenty of red flags with my ex, but you always think you can be the one to make them feel safe.

Hey, I am going through what you are going through, mine dragged me on for 6 months before letting me go. You are still going to think about her, still wonder what she's doing, wonder if she thinks about you, wonder whether she might be with a new guy already, and a million other things...I made the mistake of keeping contact for quite a while before I gave up (although I kept her number, not ready to do that yet)

You probably feel the was "the only one" for you. Been there, done that. If you have to get any personal possesions from each other, do that, and move on. I admit that was the hardest thing for me to do. I still dream about Jess, but things will get better. I know that, and just want to pass that along to you as well.

Just realize that she is probably pretty happy with her life right now, and in time, you will be too.

I know it's really hard for you right now, but it will ease as time goes by.

There is somone out there for each of us. You'll find it, as I was told.

it's only been 5 weeks give yourslef time.

it must be hard to not know why.

sorry about that. it does sound like you are idealizing the relationhsip because it's over (you say "we could have had it all").. if she had a lot of issues to work on, she was probably wise to leave . maybe in time you can be together...

Some of what you're saying sounds very famaliar to me, I recently got out of a relationship with a girl who had a fair amount of issues that I believe stemmed from the non-existence of an immediate family (she was raised by a single mom who died when she was like 18, and her dad is completely out of the picture). Many people have told me she had abandonment issues and pushes people away before they can break up with her. But like you I thought our relatoinship was going great, then all of the sudden she got all weird on me, and less than a month later she broke it off, citing that we weren't right for each other. Like you I tried to get her to talk about her issues or about what was going on in our relationship and she just completely shut me out whenever I tried. I have learned that you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, and that until my ex and probably yours as well sorts out her issues she will never be able to carry on a long-term relationship with anyone. So your not the only one going through this.

Thanks maverick, i think we have both got involved with broken people, who we could not fix. Broken before we arived but they paperd over it very well. Its a shame that we invested so much feeling and emotion into them. I just hope as i was not the one who enterd the reltionship with issues i dont leave with them. its hard when you have trusted someones words so much. but they are just words, if they cant fight to have what they say they wanted.

Today feels like the day i finally realise it`s over, no going back. All the memories keep flashing back, all the pointless sweet nothings we said, the phone calls , the txts, the reasureing i did counted for nothing. All the little things every thing meant nothing in the end. Im really letting myself loose today tears the lot. Cant believe after 5 wks nc, i rang yesterday because i was really concerned that ex and kids might have been in serious trouble, and whilst on phone, and i wasnt begging didnt really even mention us, she snaps, why dont you just move on. I was only ringing out of concern, i have never begged since break up, and there is no way she could have heard any diffrent. Who the hell was i seeing for 6months, it meant nothing.

i really understand you and again..

you are right, it is better you've realised some stuff, eventually it'll help you heal, though i know you feel like hell. Super dave had posted a nice thread about accepting the truth which might be helpful.? This pain just has to be survived, it will get better with time. All you need to do is use all that reassurance and caring for your self now

im going to use this as my breakup thread, and hopefully i can see how far i come from yesterday, one of my worst days yet after 5 weeks. I broke nc but it may be a blessing in diguise. Weather my is is depressed or not, she should not speak to me as she did, and shouldnt turn everything around on me. Its me who was dropped for no reason, her kids who were mucked about by her feelings. She likes to play the poor hard done to one. She had no reason to with me. She had what she needed. And told me often enough.

Yesterday 2 out o 10 if that

And Again, I think that some people aren't able to move on without breaking no contact first. Maybe you needed to experience rejection one last time to understand the fact that it is truly over. Maybe it was really a blessing in disguise.

Now that you've survived the worst you can happily wait for the best...!

Not a great day, but a lot better than yesterday, going to carryon getting fit and improveing myself. And if and when i bump into my ex, which i hope is a long time off yet unless she contacts me 1st. Hopefully by then i will be healed to the point of saying hi and just walking off without to many feeling`s. And hopefully she will also see what she has missed out on. And in the mean time i know its not going to be easy, but im going to try and be as happy as possible. And who knows what or who that may bring. 4 out of 10

And Again, I think that some people aren't able to move on without breaking no contact first. Maybe you needed to experience rejection one last time to understand the fact that it is truly over. Maybe it was really a blessing in disguise.

Pretty much right spot on. As long as you continue to harbor hope for reconciliation it will become near impossible to move on to love another.

Not a bad day all in all , had few laughs, trained. Yeah have missed her quite a bit. Main thought was how down she always seemed to sound when picking up phone and talking through her problems, even when we were at our best. She always said she was a down person, just wondering how she may have been in her long trm rel`s maybe hell to a degree, and maybe she only told me about her best bits. 5 out of 10

So so day getting fed up with yet again trying to work out what happened in her head. Do wonder if she will ever regret it. I know ive got to get on with my life and try to stop trying to work her head out either way. Main thought of day, and sounds stupid, was when she sent food back when the shop owner offers to change it for her, she was so unreasonable, was it a sign of things to come. How if things wernt 100% her way she would spit the dummy, 5 out of 10

LOL Sighbob I love you man. It's true. It all depends on how the break up occurred. If the dumper doesn't give closure and just sort of bails, you better believe you got some burning questions and wanting to know what happened. You need to feel the rejection a couple times to understand "oh there isn't really too much reason, the person simply fell out of love or didn't like me that much to begin with."

Then you can really say "whatever" and move on.

Not a bad day one of best in all so far, bit down am because of where i was mf. But most of day no massive highs but no substained major lows. Main thought of day was a lot of it must have been lies, but saying that she was one person i thought was not false. All in all nearly 6 out of 10

Yesterday (saturday) really crappy all day, loads of bad momments really missed her. day 2 out of 10 Night didnt really want to go out, was drained after day. Went out at night had really good one felt like i looked good after training, girl gave me phone numb without me asking for it , jst felt quite up and rarely thought of ex 6 out of 10 maybe more

Hangover day always bad, but a lot better than last sunday, still had a lot of bad momments. Main thoughts were the, things we should have done after waiting so long to get together. I cant have no regrets because i have done nothng wrong. Messed up girl , but she should NOT have said all she said about future etc. Words are cheap. 4 out of 10

Archived