Dating sites vs. Meetup.com

Raistlin
TikTok Advice For Relationships Suc...
TikTok Advice For Relationships Sucks

I've been a part of a dating site for a few months now, and while it was interesting at first and I met a few people, I have to honestly say that I feel more intimidated online dating than I do just speaking with someone I bump into. Granted, I've only joined 1 and I've been going through a lot of inner turmoil lately, but that's not the point of this post.

My problem is that I don't go out often, and when I do, it's always to a closed-location, such as a married friend, or somewhere with my family and it becomes impossible for me to flirt.

Today, I stumbled accross link removed. I signed up for the site, but I haven't joined any groups because I'm afraid that it will end up like the online dating site has.

Has anyone gone to an event from meetup? How did it go? I'm very interested in this site as it allows for real interaction, but again, I'm intimidated and skeptical.

What kind of activity did/do you go to?

I'm kind of interested in a singles group local to me, and there's one on my side of town, but it's a "private group" so I can't see the types of events that go on, or the age range of the current members to see if it's something I'd fit in to.

I'm on meetup too. I like it so far. I am in a hiking group. When I go on hikes, I am not wearing cute dress, make-up nothing. If a man approaches, fine, if not, fine too. I get my exercise.

But on meetup, you have singles groups, night out groups, etc. as well. So, may be they are geared towards dating n matching singles. I'm not into those groups so, I can't comment on that.

My friend is in a singles group here & it has like a thousand members. He said every one he goes to is fat chicks & nerdy guys looking to score. He said that one sucks but likes the other groups he's in.

My friend is in a singles group here & it has like a thousand members. He said every one he goes to is fat chicks & nerdy guys looking to score. He said that one sucks but likes the other groups he's in.

I've heard of it but have never checked it out. It sounds fun. What could be so anxiety as hiking? I find dating sites very presumptuous. many fakers and lots of liars hang out there. I prefer to meet a man in public, not online

Cute dog there smudders.

I've been to three meetups. Two were board games and one was a language meetup. All three had nice people who were not there to "score". You could totally meet nice new people and become friends. Actually, all three were low-key, honest, and friendly. I should go again.

I'd imagine the so-called "wine tasting" group is a phony, though. "Wine tasting" really means flirting. If you actually like learning about wine, it's probably not for you. Of course the singles groups will be pointless since they are completely non-discriminatory. It's like a real-life craigslist.

what do you mean by this, "If you actually like learning about wine, it's probably not for you. Of course the singles groups will be pointless since they are completely non-discriminatory. It's like a real-life craigslist." previous poster?

Why do you mean by non-discriminatory? And what is craigs list like? Only seen their ads once or twice.

Do they have chatroom?

I would like to find a sort of social website, with a chatroom, e-mail for free capabilities and be able to post some photos of yourself or you could see others to see what you are getting involved with.

Imagine picking a random person from the entire world (of the gender you are attracted to). What is the likelihood it would be someone you are compatible with? Probably small.

This is what I meant by non-discriminatory. Craigslist is amazing in that it's like a true cross-section of the world. But very few people on it would be compatible with me.

Archived