I need an idea for a b-day gift for my gf

stillhere18
Best Gift Ideas for your love
Best Gift Ideas for your love

My girlfriends b-day is coming up in March and i need an idea what to get her. We have been going out for 9 months. Im thinking about getting her this purse that she keeps on going to the mall and looking at but she says she doesnt want to spend the money on it. You think that would be a good gift? Or does anyone else have any gift ideas?

That sounds like a great present to me, if you can afford it. You know she likes it, and I know she will be touched when she realizes that you were listening to her and picked up on how much she liked it.

In terms of other gift ideas, it really depends on her personality and her interests. It's always nice to do something for the person: cook her dinner, give her a massage, foot rub, make her a home made card ... things that are cheap but thoughtful.

That sounds like a great present to me, if you can afford it. You know she likes it, and I know she will be touched when she realizes that you were listening to her and picked up on how much she liked it.

In terms of other gift ideas, it really depends on her personality and her interests. It's always nice to do something for the person: cook her dinner, give her a massage, foot rub, make her a home made card ... things that are cheap but thoughtful.

Yeah. I may just get her that purse. Im just worried that she will buy it before her b-day. Thats happened to me at x-mas lol

Yeah. I may just get her that purse. Im just worried that she will buy it before her b-day. Thats happened to me at x-mas lol

How far away is her birthday? If she brings up the purse, you could try dissuading her like "well, if you don't have the money it's probably not such a great idea to buy it right now."

What I would do is buy the purse (keep the receipt), and plan a fun evening for the two of you. If she gets it in the meantime, you can return it and try to get something else, or you can tell her the day of and you two could go shopping for something she likes.

How far away is her birthday? If she brings up the purse, you could try dissuading her like "well, if you don't have the money it's probably not such a great idea to buy it right now."

What I would do is buy the purse (keep the receipt), and plan a fun evening for the two of you. If she gets it in the meantime, you can return it and try to get something else, or you can tell her the day of and you two could go shopping for something she likes.

Her b-day is March 27. But that does sound like a good idea.

I wouldn't do a gift card...if my boyfriend of 9 months gave me a gift card I'd be like, oh great, he couldn't be bothered to actually think of anything more personal. OP I would go with the purse, and then take her somewhere nice like a restuarant or the movies so she could use it, because the first thing I do when I get a new purse is leave the house so I can show it off!

I agree the gift card is a no-no. It says;

1) Here- I can't be bothered, go buy yourself something pretty

2) Here- You can't be trusted to spend money wisely so THIS is where you can spend it.

IMO the purse is perfect if you get it before she does. I agree that it shows her you are paying attention to what she likes.

Otherwise, maybe a special date, doing something that SHE has expressed interest in (a museum, or play, or concert- something that might not be your cup of tea) and then a small momento purchased that day to remind her of it....

I'd go easy on the jewellery personally. It's only been 9 months- but that's just my opinion- You know her and what she'd appreciate....

Archived