Are cell phones dangerous?

I just had an hour and a half conversation on my cell phone (which is very long for me) and my ear feels irritated as a result. I'm sure that's probably just from resting the phone on my ear for too long but it got me thinking...are cell phones dangerous?

I did a Google search and came accross this terrifying article:

link removed

Could you imagine if a study came out that proved that the radiation from cell phones cause brain tumors? I don't talk on my cell phone too much like some other people do, but the occasional long conversation like the one I had tonight worries me.

I'm actually freaked out to the point where I want to limit my cell phone usage and maybe eventually go back to primarily using a land line...

Is anyone else concerned about this? Any counter-evidence to this concern?

I got rid of my cell phone for multiple reasons. One of them being I heard a report that cited studies that claimed that cell waves can directly penetrate the blood barrier of the brain. I obviously don't know how much truth was in that report, but it doesn't sound like much fun to me.

I also don't like the idea of having a traceable electronic device on my person at all times nor do I like the idea of being reachable at all times. Not to mention the extra money I was spending. All around I figured it wasn't working out for me so I just junked it.

Man, the only real danger of talking on a cellphone for 1.5 hours is having to hold it up for that long. I'd amagine your arm got real sore too? Get a hands free device, their cheap and pretty good. Make sure it's confortable in your ear though, i've bought a couple bad ones. Dont get a blue tooth one, a cord is much better so you dont lose it so easy.

they said in the early 80s that the whole world would die of cancer caused by microwave ovens starting in the late 90s.

fear helps newspapers, magazines, and television shows sell product.

your cell phone is most likely not going to kill you unless you text while driving.

and yes, i'm a scientist.

Man, the only real danger of talking on a cellphone for 1.5 hours is having to hold it up for that long. I'd amagine your arm got real sore too? Get a hands free device, their cheap and pretty good. Make sure it's confortable in your ear though, i've bought a couple bad ones. Dont get a blue tooth one, a cord is much better so you dont lose it so easy.

Yeah my arm was sore afterwords. I would get a hands free device if I had conversations like that often, but this conversation was unusually long for me. I'm just going to try to not use my cell phone as much.

This thread is funny to me since 99.9% of people don't realize how much cosmic radiation we get from space for the last 5 billion years and it's responsible for the last 2 millions years of evolutionary mutations that created us humans. Next time you have access to a giga counter please check to see how much radiation is surrounding you that emanates from the earth and space.

mobile phones are extremely dangerous. They must be at a good distance to be safe. To prove my point I got a microwave oven leakage meter. My microwave registered no leakage. My mobile phone goes to red danger level of microwaves. Dont believe me? Go to your electronics shop buy the microwave tester then post here.

The problem is fighting the huge corporations. Do the test then post your results

mobile phones are extremely dangerous. They must be at a good distance to be safe. To prove my point I got a microwave oven leakage meter. My microwave registered no leakage. My mobile phone goes to red danger level of microwaves. Dont believe me? Go to your electronics shop buy the microwave tester then post here.

The problem is fighting the huge corporations. Do the test then post your results

Cell phones and microwaves operate at completely different frequencies. A microwave detecting device would not work with a phone when it is meant to be used for a microwave oven.

That's like trying to get a radio frequency on your tv. It ain't happening.

Cell phones and microwaves operate at completely different frequencies. A microwave detecting device would not work with a phone when it is meant to be used for a microwave oven.

That's like trying to get a radio frequency on your tv. It ain't happening.

That is interesting then because the meter would definitely jump to red on the microwave detector . Buy one try it and if I am wrong I will deposit the money to your bank account and I am not joking.

That is interesting then because the meter would definitely jump to red on the microwave detector . Buy one try it and if I am wrong I will deposit the money to your bank account and I am not joking.

It probably is detecting the high frequency cell phone waves but registering it as an abundance of the lower frequencied microwaves.

If cell phone use was really causing cancer, we'd sure as heck know about it. The phones of the 90's put way more waves out than the modern phone. And people who used them used them just about as much as they are used now. All of those people would be suffering from brain tumors, yet, we have not had that reality yet. It's just a scare tactic that has been around as long as cell phones have.

A self-published and non-peer reviewed meta-study by Dr. Vini Khurana, an Australian neurosurgeon, presented an "increasing body of evidence ... for a link between mobile phone usage and certain brain tumours" and that it "is anticipated that this danger has far broader public health ramifications than asbestos and smoking".[40] This was criticised as ‘…an unbalanced analysis of the literature, which is also selective in support of the author’s claims.’[41]

Found this. Still looking for conclusive studies.

A self-published and non-peer reviewed meta-study by Dr. Vini Khurana, an Australian neurosurgeon, presented an "increasing body of evidence ... for a link between mobile phone usage and certain brain tumours" and that it "is anticipated that this danger has far broader public health ramifications than asbestos and smoking".[40] This was criticised as an unbalanced analysis of the literature, which is also selective in support of the authors claims.[41]

Found this. Still looking for conclusive studies.

I think it will take time ..like the asbestosis scenario in Australia ...people will just die younger for no good reason until its too late.

Yes and here in Australia their a tv ads telling us to avoid the suns exposure for even tanning. It destroys skins cells and causes skin cancer. Mind you I had lasik eye surgery too and the doctor told me to wear the best sunglassess to avoid cataracts and eye cancer too. All from the sun.

Yes and here in Australia their a tv ads telling us to avoid the suns exposure for even tanning. It destroys skins cells and causes skin cancer. Mind you I had lasik eye surgery too and the doctor told me to wear the best sunglassess to avoid cataracts and eye cancer too. All from the sun.

I guess we're all doomed... Come on now, there are more serious issue to concern ourselves with then cell phone usage. You'd have to go live in a deep cave without anything electric or even a camp fire due to the radiation release of the glowing plasma of the fire, not to mention the radioactive rock decay of the cave; please, come to your senses folks.

I guess we're all doomed... Come on now, there are more serious issue to concern ourselves with then cell phone usage. You'd have to go live in a deep cave without anything electric or even a camp fire due to the radiation release of the glowing plasma of the fire, not to mention the radioactive rock decay of the cave; please, come to your senses folks.

I totally agree. Life is meant to be lived..the end will come but its the quality of life that matters . Enjoy the journey.

Plus we are all eating what we shouldn't be eating and doing this and that which we are not suposed to be doing...so we are all going to die early. It doesn't matter what you do. Something will get you. Some expert will tell you what your doing wrong.

Do you still use your phone?

Plus we are all eating what we shouldn't be eating and doing this and that which we are not suposed to be doing...so we are all going to die early. It doesn't matter what you do. Something will get you. Some expert will tell you what your doing wrong.

i eat pretty healthy...i'm sure that's killing me too in some way. lol

Archived