The Second Time Around.

For those of you who've managed to fall in love more than once...do the butterflies and sheer awesomeness involved with falling in love for the first time -- do they return in full force the second time around?

I guess lately I've just been thinking to myself that it'll be hard to relate my second love to my first. I have nothing to compare it to now, but sometimes it worries me that the anticipation won't be nearly the same as it was with my first. I tend to run through my head how it felt first driving home from their place, first kisses, etc...

In answer to your question yes.

I was with my first ex for almost 7 years, and with current ex for almost 2. I loved them both very much but in very different ways. I'm not sure if this is the right word to use, but it felt that there was a lot more depth to the relationship with the first ex. We had an incredible friendship and I felt like I could tell him anything at all, I still miss it sometimes and can't imagine having that with someone else.

With the second ex (who I am now kind of back together with) it just seemed different. There was more of a spark there I think which I think made the whole thing seem more exciting and accounted for the "butterfly feeling". Not sure of this makes any sense, it hardly does to me but I don't know how else to explain it.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, you will love someone again, it won't be better or worse, just different

Archived