Finding Faith.

equinox

I've started this thread to discuss something that has happened to me over the last few months; I've found my faith in God.

I'm a baptized Catholic from a Catholic family (strongly catholic om my mother's side) but I gave up my belief in God shortly after I was confirmed, choosing instead to believe that things "just happen". However, this year has been very good to me and I'm starting to wonder if I owe some of it to divine help.

It started at the end of last summer. I have to repeat some exams for college, if I failed one subject, I had to wait a year until I did another. For the first time in years, I prayed. I don't know why but I felt that I should. Not only this, but my grandmother and my uncle (who is a monseigneur) did too. I passed and I'm now in my thrid year in college.

Again, at the end of last year, I met a girl whom is both attractive and highly intelligent that liked me who I am now involved with. Most recently, I was offered a job (for work experience, perhaps later a career) in a very stable company when all I hear about are people loosing their jobs.

Now I'm willing to accept that this is luck but I have a feeling that it's more. I'll never be a catholic again and I don't believe most of what is in the bible but I find myself believing in god and that he has influence on out lives. The best way to put it is that I have decided to believe in God but I firmly reject religion.

I'm not making this thread to talk about me. I'm just wondering if anyone else might have had a similar experiance. Might make for some interesting discussion.

I'm in kind of the same boat. I am a liberal Christian and so have gone through a plethora of experiences of becoming Agnostic to rejecting being Roman Catholic. Though I still have a long ways to go on settling where I am as far as religion is concerned, I do believe believing in God is enough.

Benefits Of Faith | Having Faith In...
Benefits Of Faith | Having Faith In Uncertain Times

Archived