Bleeding after sex? Possible causes?

MyNinja

I'm just wondering what can cause significant bleeding after intercourse? (besides losing ones virginity...im not a virgin) I had sex a few nights ago with a latex condom and I had some bleeding afterwards. My initial thought was that it was the latex drying me out and had probably caused some abrasions on the vaginall walls because I was experiencing some dryness during the act, but then I remember feeling him hit against my cervix and I felt some minor pain...is it possible that he may have bruised my cervix? causing some bleeding? I'm fine now..i was just wondering what could have caused this

I've heard (and felt it only once myself) that when a man is big/long enough and does hit your cervix, it will knock some old blood (from the lining in your uterus which is what your period really is anyway) loose and cause some minor bleeding. It can even be painful when the penis hits your cervix. And usually it doesn't happen because through beiing aroused, your vagina actually lengthens - pulling the cervix back to give room. But in my case, it happened when I guess I wasn't so aroused, needless to say it sounds like what happened with you, the slight pain and some minor bleeding (nothing like a cut or even the period though). Hope that helps!

ooo how you mention the condom and such - the dryness plus the condom really could have led to minor abrasions... but don't worry, the vagina heals very fast. BUT this is why I HATE condoms... I swear they make me dry up b/c they just don't feel as good. Maybe look into a pill? They are wonderful!

i was worried a bit because i don't want any of this to interfere with my fertility. Maritalbliss, I'm glad you mentioned the old blood being knocked off becase I clearly remember the blood looking "old" it was kind of a burgundy color, not the bright red you see during your period

If it's not bright red, it's most likely old blood. The cervix thing seems logical in my eyes. Bruised cervix is common, but not sure about it leading to actual bleeding, unless like mentioned it just knocked some old blood around.

I have bled after the recent start up of condoms, but it was very light and pinkish and I chalked it up to just being dry and being abrasion [as I do not have any STD's and wouldn't assume it was cause for concern to be honest!]

i got a check up and nothing is wrong with me...whew!! from the day it happened, the entire time the blood looked really old, it was a burgundy-brown color. Today I had some brownish mucus that was expelled, but no bright red blood...but this is the first time experiencing something like this..and this guy is my first sexual encounter as well.

Tampax Pearl Tampons Causing Seriou...
Tampax Pearl Tampons Causing Serious Vaginal Problems–Fiction!

Archived