Hey all -- it's been about four months since the breakup, and over a month of no contact. She's dating someone else already, and I'm left picking up the pieces after trying my hardest to fix the relationships and the problems on my end that caused it.

I don't know what she's doing, how she's feeling, or what she's thinking about, and I don't want to know until I'm completely over this, and maybe even then I won't care. Two weekends ago I had a great time in NYC with friends and family and met a girl who I was very attracted to and felt that "spark" with. Unfortunately it looks like things won't be able to happen with her for a while because of the distance and because of the work I still have to do on myself -- but it was great to know and have a reminder that there are, in fact, people out there that I can attract and be attracted to post-ex girlfriend.

So I've had good days, and I'm coming to rely on them -- and therein lies the problem. I'm impatient with myself -- especially when a bad day creeps up on me, like it is today. I get used to the good days and don't want the bad days to come, and when they do, the pain I'm feeling is being added to by the frustration I'm feeling about HAVING the bad day. This morning I uttered the words "My goodness I miss my ex", and had to quickly scramble to busy my mind with tasks in order to keep myself from becoming derailed. The fact that I said that, that I still hurt, that I still miss her, REALLY frustrates me.

Anybody else go through this?

Of course, of course. But the bad days will both start to get shorter and fade away. Just power through it and read posts on here when you have to. Remember how you were 2 months ago? Compare that to how you are now. It's a wobbly rate of acceleration, but you're getting there, right?

Archived