Confused

lifesgr8

Why is it that my Girlfriend likes to alwasys bring up my past relationships and the sex between me and my ex's. I dont understand why she likes to just bring them up out of nowhere. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. What should I do, And why do you think she does this

She's insecure. If someone was secure with themselves and their relationship, the past wouldn't bother them.

Have you talked to her? Asked HER why? She's the one who needs to answer those questions and she needs to know that she has to stop it.

I don't see what being upset over your past is going to accomplish...it's not like you can change it...what is done is done...was or is she a virgin?? What is important is the here and now...hehehe...goodness sakes if a guy were to get his shorts in a bundle over my past he would be truly insane since I am 44 years old, had 4 kids, and grandmother of 2...he will just have to take me as is...lol

I would just be happy for the guy I have in the future to have some hair and teeth!...hahaha

I don't see what being upset over your past is going to accomplish...it's not like you can change it...what is done is done...was or is she a virgin?? What is important is the here and now...hehehe...goodness sakes if a guy were to get his shorts in a bundle over my past he would be truly insane since I am 44 years old, had 4 kids, and grandmother of 2...he will just have to take me as is...lol

I would just be happy for the guy I have in the future to have some hair and teeth!...hahaha

No she is not a virgin but this is her first lesbian relationship and she insecure

No she is not a virgin but this is her first lesbian relationship and she insecure

Oh, I am sorry, didn't realize it was between two females (that one got by me)...I still don't see what the big deal is regardless of what type of relationship she is in...past is still past, end of story !

Oh, I am sorry, didn't realize it was between two females (that one got by me)...I still don't see what the big deal is regardless of what type of relationship she is in...past is still past, end of story !

I agree how should I go about tell her that

I agree how should I go about tell her that

Yea, that is the hard part...trying to explain this to her...what type of things have you told her in the past regarding her fears of your other gf's?

If you are her first gf then it's totally understandable to be insecure...I think with most relationships and the whole ex's thing...it's about not being as good as, or perhaps she may think you might compare her, or if she is as good in bed, looks or whatever.

As long as both of you communicate and are honest with each other then what happened in the past cannot be undone...what does she expect you to do about something that has already long past??

Hopefully, over time she will learn to value herself more and the insecurity she has will not be such a burden on her mind.

The way I see it (and yes, I totally believe this) if a person is secure within themselves and knows their self worth and the other person cheats on them or whatever...it's the insecurity of the cheater...hey I say don't even sweat the small stuff...just let them go with a good luck to you and good bye...have a nice life. The other person's insecurity does not take away from the value of who I am nor does it have anything to do with my goodness and love I can give another..it's just that person couldn't see what they had and chose to go elsewhere. (I am not saying this has happened...I am just making an example of something that came to mind).

Well, anyway, she will just have to see herself and not worry about things she cannot change...your gf and your ex's are different people and why would she worry about ex's when she is with you?

Hope this helps.

Some people are more secure than others, and sometimes, I think people can over-disclose information about their past relationships. A little bit of information can pique their interest, make them wonder/worry/compare, and then the questions start coming. The less secure your SO is, the less they need to hear about it.

I feel like I'm a pretty secure person. I want to know about my SO's past in broad brush strokes, but I'll admit I don't want to hear dirty little details about her past sex life. I know she has a past. I know she's not a virgin. I know I don't want to go there. What's the point? Why would I want that kind of information in my head? What has past is past.

I would tell her talking about past sexual details makes you uncomfortable, and you want to deal with your relationship in the present. Make her agree to it. Then, whenever she asks about it later, you have to be strong enough to stop the conversation in it's tracks and remind her of your agreement. Her insecurities will subside if this information isn't available and right in front of her.

She's Not Texting Me Like She U...
She's Not Texting Me Like She Used To

Archived