Just learned that my ex has got a new bf after we broke up several months ago. I dont know why i still think of her and she is still in my heart though we know we are incompatible due to religious issues.

I am feeling sad to be honest and feeling like crying after hearing that she has got a new bf. I know i am living in the past now.

In our relationship we aruged a lot about religion. She was a Christian who was hoping to convert me to become a christian too. But i was not willing to do so. She became enraptured whenever she talked about God. When i wasn't interested listening to her lecturing on God she became quite unhappy with me. In our relationship God plays a very very important part of her life. I know she always puts her God first in her life, outweighing her family and friends. She is quite religious. I knew we would never work out our relationship but i still loved her a lot. Even now i think i still love her.

But now she has got a new bf in such a short time. I dont think she ever cherishs what we had in the past. I know whatever i do to her is not enough if i dont accept Jesus. I dont know if she used God as an excuse to break up with me. We were on a long distance relationship where she was in Malaysia and i was in China. I dont know what to say, i am just engulfed with sadness. I know i should let go of her but i know i still love her.

Anyone who would like to talk with me regarding my relationship would be highly appreciated. I am feeling so low now. I dont think i can fall asleep tonight. Can you tell me what to do? Thank you everyone out there.

Hi timetogrow,

I know that is hard news to hear. I had a similar situation, however, my ex left me to be with his girlfriend (who I thought was a friend at the time). However, it is not the end of the world. This typically happens after a break up. If I was you, I would focus on myself. This your chance to walk on your own to feet and start to rebuild yourself. Don't focus on your ex and her new bf, because, quite frankly, it's a waste of time and energy. Besides, these days, those situations do not mean as much. Think of how many people break up, start dating other people, and then come back to each other. I am not saying this to give you false hope. I am just saying take the new situation with a grain of salt and continue to live you life. You will never know what the future holds so we much allow ourselves to move forward to see. Maybe, with time, you may find someone that you deem better than your ex or maybe she will come back.

Archived