Ladies would you date a man shorter than you? CONTINUED...

lovethyself

Well from the responses i received i would say it's about 60-40 in favor of dating a man shorter..For the most part, the 60% who said yes pretty much all agreed that its about what you feel with that person. The other 40% said they would NOT because they want to be taller than their man and want to feel "protected". Now obviously people have preference, like i would "prefer" a 5'5 blonde with blue eyes and a full C cup BUT i have fallen in love with girls who are anything but. So to the 40%, what if you LOVED everything about that person EXCEPT his height? Would it matter then? My situation is weird in the sense that when we met, it was over the phone. Obviously her at 5'10 wouldn't have been my "preference" and me at 5'7 wouldn't have been hers, but since we didn't actually see eachother in person the preference was not existent. Again, if you had several things in common, loved their sense of humor, thought they were attractive, and felt that any girl would be lucky to have them would you break it off because they were a couple inches (3 to be exact) shorter than you? Put youselves in that situation, if you met someone over the phone and spent countless hours talking every night (2 months now) and were really falling for the guy would you suddenly just stop because they were short? Imagine falling in LOVE before you got to meet the person, would it even matter what they looked like...KEEP IT REAL...

I'm tall, so if I met a man three inches shorter than me, I would really have to think about it. Not that he wasn't good enough for me, but I can't get sexually into a shorter man. I've tried, it just doesn't happen. But if he was all that in every other area, sure I'd give it a try. I have things about me that might not be someone's preference, but I'd want them to at least get to know me. Yeah, I'd try to make it work, I just wouldn't make any promises for awhile.

I am 5'3" and NO WAY I date someone shorter than me! as soon as I figure out he is shorter that would turn me off and he gets friendzoned. If I was taller that might have been different.I mean even if something happens and we get together as a couple I would not be happy with my relationship! I am a height freak tho, I am sure many women are the opposite.

if i fell for him before we dated and he was only a bit shorter (say 5'4"), then yea i'd go for him. i had a friend who was exactly my height (maybe 1cm shorter) who i absolutely loved as a friend, we did consider dating but our personalities wouldn't have added to a good relationship. so he was the only shorter guy in my life i ever came close to liking. and i am 5'5" so there aren't THAT many guys who are shorter than me. i don't consider 5'7" short.

btw i don't believe in falling in LOVE before you MEET...you've got to know the individual in person.

lovethyself...no offense, but this topic is kinda pointless. None of the people here are the person you're interested in. Her opinion is the only one that matters. Depending on the type of guy you are, some of the responses might make you a little less confident and there's no reason to do that to yourself. Just try not to worry about it.

I'm 5'1 and have never even had the opportunity to meet let alone date a guy shorter than me.

I do remember once when I was doing online dating and a guy said he was 5'7. When we met we were looking eye to eye... I thought, "Why did you LIE?!?"

THAT annoyed me.. but maybe he had the same trouble with girls not wanting to meet him?

BUT, he was very good looking, had a great body, had a great sense of humour and if he had just been truthful to begin with I would have been less annoyed and still wouldn't have said no.

It never eventuated to anything...(maybe he was 5'2, or 5'3) but I found him to be very attractive... just NOT the LYING!!!

i'm 5'8". I am just not attracted to men who are under 5'10". end of story. I mean, it kind of sucks, because i know that there are tons of great guys who are 5'9" and shorter and i'm sure they would make awesome boyfriends..... but if i don't look at them and want to rip their clothes off, a sexual, romantic relationship just won't work with us. it's primal, it's what i am attracted to, and it's not something i can really 'reason with' inside my head.

there are other things i can look past - like balding or some extra pounds. but height just isn't one of them.

I'm 5'1 and have never even had the opportunity to meet let alone date a guy shorter than me.

I do remember once when I was doing online dating and a guy said he was 5'7. When we met we were looking eye to eye... I thought, "Why did you LIE?!?"

THAT annoyed me.. but maybe he had the same trouble with girls not wanting to meet him?

BUT, he was very good looking, had a great body, had a great sense of humour and if he had just been truthful to begin with I would have been less annoyed and still wouldn't have said no.

It never eventuated to anything...(maybe he was 5'2, or 5'3) but I found him to be very attractive... just NOT the LYING!!!

shika - with my online dating, whenever i read a man's profile, i right away subtract 2 inches. if he says he is 5'9" in his profile, i know that he is 5'7". Most guys lie about their height. either that, or they geninuely *think* they are that tall. I think they just guessed their height, they never actually went to the doctor's office and got themselves measured!

shika - with my online dating, whenever i read a man's profile, i right away subtract 2 inches. if he says he is 5'9" in his profile, i know that he is 5'7". Most guys lie about their height. either that, or they geninuely *think* they are that tall. I think they just guessed their height, they never actually went to the doctor's office and got themselves measured!

Haha.. come to think of it you're right. I remember meeting another guy who said he was 6'2...and no way was he 6'2.

Unfortunately the answer would be no. I've met some really nice, attractive men shorter than my 5'7" frame but i just can't look down at my date. Like Annie said above, I can look past other 'flaws' but i need to feel feminine and being the taller party breaks that mold for me.

Sorry, but I would not date a man shorter than me, and I have yet to come accross one that would make me change my mind. I'm 5'5'', and I like to wear heels, So I like my man to be significantly taller than me.

But plenty of girls do date guys their height and shorter. At 5'7'' you are still taller than many girls. Taller than me, just not in heels

Describe a Person who Likes to Grow...
Describe a Person who Likes to Grow Plants IELTS Cue Card Sample Answer 1

Archived