Why does she keep calling? Should I act on it???

lostmygiragain

My girlfriend dumped two weeks ago after about 4 months of a very passionate relationship because she found out i was addicted to opiates for a few months back in 2008. 3 days after the breakup, i wrote her a poem and she fell in love and took me back, started acting strange then 4 days after told me she had done some thinking and can never take me back as a bf for what i did but still loves me and wants me to stay best friends with her like we had been for a year previous dating to dating..

no way will i do this, i have too many strong feelings for her and if shes going to be in my life i need her as a gf and we had talked about this several times within the past week and she said if i didnt want to talk anymore (no contact permanently) then she'd have to respect my decision. Although I could tell in her voice she didn't mean that and she would hate for me to end the relationship. I made my apoligies sincere, my reasons clear and everything seemed to make sense. Now for the past 4 nights, every night, she calls me when she gets out of school and talks to me as if nothings wrong, then we eventually argue over the past yet again.

I told her im not going to keep reliving this and to leave me alone. she for whatever reason is a lonely girl but i dont have the heart to block her out of my life, after all she made me happy for a pretty long time, but these past two weeks she's been a total * * * * * .

anyway i figure, if i want to get over her and forget about her, i need her out of my life. this "just friends" bull * * * * isn't going to happen, not again. but she calls me every night and texts me even tho i dont respond. Deep down, I do want her back, but def. not as a friend and just yesterday i found out shes been in contact with her ex bf via phone because he's in the navy but she never really got over him and i know she still loves him. What should i do? answer the phone calls? or make it crystal clear its either me or him for good?

i understand that... she is still attatched though and trying her best to stay in contact with me and she still tells me she loves me and is so happy when she talks to me. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here but i feel as though i still have a chance, what are my options to make this chance come to life? i mean oh well it would suck a lot if it didnt work out, i realize, but as of now it feels as though i can make it happen if i play my cards right.. how the * * * * do i play em tho? talk? no talk? etc

You are only hurting yourself by allowing this behaviour to continue. Maybe let her know that you need time to heal and maybe some day in the future you could be her friend but not right now and she needs to respect that and stop calling you

i agree completely. you have to think of yourself here!

yeah it can ruin your day. the thing is today she texted me again and i i asked her to be honest about what the deal with with her ex and she said "she doesnt know". i told her straight up its over, everything, no friendship and she twistedly tried to turn it around on me once again... i said have a good life. and she sent me a couple after that neither of which i responded to.

it sucks cuz we were best friends for a year and a half and dated for another year on and off. but every time it was her decision to end it, now it was her decision to stay in contact with her ex, so i made the decision to tell her to f*ck off. i finally feel like i made the right choice on this one cuz i was a really loving and caring boyfriend, i did make a mistake but didnt get a second chance, why should i give her one? does that make sense people?

She broke up with you becuase you were addicted to opiates?!?!?!

Stop communicating with her now!

Now of course if you were doing drugs in front of her that's one thing but if you had a problem a while back for a short time msot people have a serious crisis that comes up in their lives.

Sounds like she's off the reservation.

i have cut off all contact with her since thursday after a big argument on the phone... i still miss her a bunch tho and as much as i hate what shes done, i keep remembering all of our good memories..

we talked on the phone daily for 2 1/2 years.. shes got to be missing me.

I realized who she really is this month and why all her other friends have distanced themselves from her but i cant help but long for a call from her just so i know she feels bad. before this is over i want her to realize that she is selfish or at least get an apology within the next couple months.

im going solid nc.. no doubt, in your expirience, you guys think theres a slight chance this might happen or not?

Archived