Dreamt of parents death next week and very scared

I was not sure where to post this but please someone tell me I making a fuss for nothing.

Next week my parents and I are going abroad.

Yesterday night I had the most vivid and emotional dream ever in my life whereby I dreamt that next week my parents are going to be killed in a car accident whilst we are abroad.

It was so intense and real that I woke up and spent all night crying at how I felt in the dream and reacted to their deaths and felt as if I started mourning them.

I am so scared to go abroad now and have this sense of dread and doom that it is going to happen.

Never in my life have I ever experienced this and am very scared since am worried it is some omen or a view to the future.

Please give me advice I am very worried it will happen

Far be it for me or anyone to tell you that these things simply don't exist, who knows for sure and I certainly won't waste time disputing it.

Surely you should talk to your parents about it, just tell them. It's unlikely they will take it seriously but will try to calm your fears.

Secondly you should commit the details to memory, places, scenery, the car...the road...things like that would make you more confident that should the circumstances of your dream come about you will sense the deja vu effcet and you know to tell them. Put off that days plans for the next...take another route...whatever makes you feel more comfortable.

Remember, you cannot control what other people believe and you can't stop them from doing whatever it is they have to do...and on the otherside of the coin, you have to consider that the dream is a result of worry.

Have you ever travelled together before?

Please also consider the fact you might be worried about what might happen due to the fact you will be in a different place, somewhere new. You can't put your life on hold because somewhere deep down there is a fear that the holiday may or may not be a success.

You need to talk it through and relax. It's more than likely that the dream is a result of fear taking root somewhere at the thought of the unknown.

XXXX

'lost,

It is your brain at work while you are asleep, is all. Your dreams have no bearing on the future whatsoever, you should know that!

I think you may be a bit nervous the trip, and that may have triggered the dream, but really, we cannot affect the future in any form.

A couple of months ago I had a very very vivid dream that my grandparents had died. I know that I would be absolutely devastated if they ever did die, and that this was my fear acting up on me. They were getting pretty sick and my grandpa needed surgery, but the dream didn't mean anything beyond that.

Tell your parents your dream and your fears about something happening while you are abroad. It will help you, especially if they assure you that they'll be extra careful.

I know how strong dreams can be, sometimes i have a hard time figuring out whether something happened or I just dreamt it. But, don't take this to be an omen. It's much more the fact that you are afraid it will happen.

Dreams about death don't necessarily mean death, or that bad things will happen. It could just be that you are worried about travel and you ended up dreaming about a possible scenario, that doesn't mean that it's going to happen.

Death can mean a lot of different things in a dream - it could mean that something in your life is going to end, allowing for the beginning of something else in your life. The fact that it was your parents may mean that something in their life is going to end (not necessarily their lives) and they are going to start something new (ie going to a new country). Or, it could be your subconscience telling you to be careful and be safe when you're there. In any case, I wouln't read into it too literally, you guys should be okay.

'lost,

It is your brain at work while you are asleep, is all. Your dreams have no bearing on the future whatsoever, you should know that!

I think you may be a bit nervous the trip, and that may have triggered the dream, but really, we cannot affect the future in any form.

Exactly! Your brain is still working while you're asleep, and dreams are just the brain trying to make sense of all the electrical impulses that are going on.

Archived