Protien Question

Eggs, beans, nuts, tofu, chick peas and keep in mind that most seafood is rich in protein. If you still feel like you lack protein with these foods then try to eat a protein bar or two throughout the day which should give you just what you need. If you find bars too heavy buy some protein powder and prepare a light shake and have it with your meal.

Im a small girl but I do have high cholesteral. Plus partly animal rights as well. Just decided this all of a sudden ... weird i know

Why not try some cholesterol lowering medication? Avoid lipitor but I highly hoghly recommend simvar /zocor to reduce it. I was up around 7.9 and now 4.0

Why not try some cholesterol lowering medication? Avoid lipitor but I highly hoghly recommend simvar /zocor to reduce it. I was up around 7.9 and now 4.0

I am only 21 and would prefer not to take a cholesterol lowering medicine. Changing my diet is something Id much rather do. Its not life threatening high, but my nurse just said to stay away from foods with a lot of cholesterol in them.

I am only 21 and would prefer not to take a cholesterol lowering medicine. Changing my diet is something Id much rather do. Its not life threatening high, but my nurse just said to stay away from foods with a lot of cholesterol in them.

I had cholesterol like you at your age and they told me to take the medication but like you I ignored them. I had a heart attack so I would love to see you healthy . I tried the food way but to achieve lower cholesterol you must take a severe cut in fat.Fat is what triggers most of the production of cholesterol.Also heres a tip 30 minutes before eating get some margarinewith plant sterols as this blocks the further absorption of cholesterol. The reason being is the molecule is the same shape..size of cholesterol and so blocks the bad stuff getting into your blood stream..cheers and dont take i lightly

i'm a vegetarian and i eat eggs, cheese, and peanut butter. trying to get to like more beans too. tofu is also good and eggplant and mushrooms are great meat substitutes as far as taste and texture go (eggplant parm rather than chicken parm, eggplant lasagna rather than meat lasagna). i don't know how well they do with the protein though.

if you'd like to stick to seafood, i'm not sure which types of fish are the best sources of protein specifically but salmon is supposed to work wonders for you.

Archived