Update....doing GREAT!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd give an update on how I've been doing these last few weeks...

I've never been better! I'm probably the happiest I've EVER been and ending my relationship with my ex was the best thing I've ever done. I no longer think about him at all and in retrospect, I realize that ending it was LONG overdue. I know now that in staying, I was settling when I deserved better and that over the last 3 or so months, I loved the person he PROMISED to be...NOT the person he actually was. I think that's why it was so easy to let go and move on from it once it was over. I've now opened up my life and made myself available to someone who IS right for me instead of wasting time on someone who made me angry all the time and frustrated me with his indecisiveness and constant uncertainty.

I still go to therapy, but my therapist and I have decided to have me come every other week, instead of once a week (that was my choice because she feels that I've reached all the goals I had for myself over the last 11 months but gave me the option of continuing to go). Plus, I've been spending a lot of time with my friends and family and have even joined eHarmony in the hopes of weeding out people who perhaps aren't serious about relationships in the first place (that's the only dating site I would consider joining). I figure, if they really match based on compatibility as they claim, what have I got to lose?

Even if I don't find anyone special in my 3 month subscription, it's okay. I'm super happy with myself and my life and that's more than I could ever ask for Having someone special to one day share my life with will just be icing on the cake

Thanks for reading you guys. And for everyone who's having a hard time right now, hang in there...there really is light at the end of the tunnel!

Mari

hi -- wow! i could feel your healing in reading your message. good for you! today is a tough day for me, i am seven months separated from my husband of ten years. every day does get a tiny bit easier but for some reason, today i've been more blue than usual.

your message was just what i needed to read. thank you for sharing. it's clear you are going to be a great partner for someone new some day. take care.

Thank you Beejcee..

Hang in there!! I know what it's like to have bad days and good days, but one day will come when it gets a little easier to breathe and a little easier to carry on. I know what I went through doesn't pale in comparison to what you might be experiencing, but I had good and bad days too last summer when my ex and I ended things the first time. This time, however, was different. It was literally like a lightbulb went off in my head and everything just became so clear.

You can do it. Stay strong. I promise things will get better in time.

(((HUGS))) to you!!

Mari

Hi mari,

I knew you'd make it to a better place! You sound so different now and I am extremely happy for your healing. Stay positive and that is what you'll get! It's weird you mentioned eharmony because that's probably the only site I would try, as well. However, I'm still unsure about it. Maybe, one day I'll do it but I'm not in any rush at the moment. I'm still enjoying MY time alone.

Good luck to you and continue enjoying what has been unfolding in your life.

God bless you in abundance!

gee

Thank you everyone!

This whole thing has definitely been a learning experience for me. If I had gone through all this without being in therapy (and without the advice from everyone here), I don't know if the outcome would have been the same. I don't know that I would have came out of it feeling so wonderful...like a new person. I'm amazed at how it literally hit me like a bolt of lightening that I didn't need, or WANT what I had with him anymore. It was an epiphany of sorts. I feel so much stronger, like I don't care if I ever run into him because, well...I just don't care at all anymore. I've moved on mentally and took the necessary strides to ensure that he's never able to contact me again

I've really learned to love myself over the last year and I feel that unless I love myself first, there's no way to be truly happy in a relationship with another person, or even to attract the person that I hope to one day find.

I truly feel that things can only go up from here.

Archived