Bummed about this one...

eman88
Happythirstday Marikina visit | Mic...
Happythirstday Marikina visit | Michael's Hut

I went on a date tonight with another girl I had met online.....we spent several weeks chatting online and seemed to connect well via our chats. Met up tonight for drinks, a short concert, and then she took me to her friends' party where she knew everyone and I didn't know anyone....

Overall I didn't really feel it with her though...which was unfortunate because I had built it up thinking that we would connect well based on our earlier conversations, back and forth flirting etc. I didnt find myself flirting with her much tonight, didn't really feel the attraction or connection I had hoped for. Maybe it was because she took me to a party where I didnt know anyone, but I expected to feel more of an attraction/connection.

I guess im not looking for a lot of advice (although any wisdom would be appreciated)! More just want to express my disapointement since I had thought this could be a girl it could potentially work with...Not sure if I should contact her again, I feel somewhat guilty going on a date with a nice girl and then not calling her again. Advice on how to deal with this? Thanks.

unfortunately online chemistry does not always transfer over to rl chemistry. This has happened to me several times, and it's always such a disappointment, but has also made me learn that the sooner you meet someone in rl the better.

I agree, it's happened to me 9 times out of 10 - either I dont feel it in person, or the guy doesnt.. I agree always meet up asap.

In terms of this girl, if you think there is a chance it could grow, give it a second date? If not, just leave it be - don't contact her, she will understand - it sucks, but she will move on.

Ammy

Yeah I suppose I'll give it one more shot with her. I got the feeling that the disappointment was more on my side since I didn't feel the attraction or the 'click' as I had anticipated from our earlier conversations/my own imagination about her.

She did keep asking me if I had fun/saying "I hope you had fun..." although I wasn't that big on going to her friends' party. But I tried to not let her know this...however, I think my attraction diminished as we got to the party and she kept wandering off to talk to her friends (understandable, but she didn't need to bring me along then).

Overall I was a little put off from the start because the connection just didn't seem to be there and I had built this girl up in my head a lot. Hmm....I guess I'm more to blame for this one.

I'm gonna say the opposite, don't date her again. Or this may well turn into:

"Dated a Guy Twice, Seemed Interested.....then Vanished...HELLLP"

If you didn't feel a connection, no spark, then you cannot force an attraction...the best thing to try is Honesty

I guess this is the trouble when you meet someone online and chat for weeks prior to meeting. You may have a 'spark' online....totally different story in real life.

Archived