Shall I call her??

NewDater
Asking Someone to Call You in Engli...
Asking Someone to Call You in English || ESL Conversation Practice || ESL Advice

I have been dating this girl for about 5 weeks now. I see her about once a week. We have a date planned this Thursday. We talk about every 2-3 days which is an unusual dating pattern for me. im not use to taking things this slow. Although, we both are busy with work and school. She also has a child as well and temporarily staying with her parents which I havent met yet. I don't have any kids. I live alone. We both like each other and it seems we have a good time on our dates. We kissed on our 4th date. I spoke with her Thursday night and she said she was having surgery tomorrow and will be out of work all next week. When we hung up the phone she said," ill call you tomorrow" and I said "OK" I also said "I'll give you a text you tomorrow or something"(just to see how she is doing) which I did It said" hey, Hope you doing well!!" [i hope I didnt sound controlling here but I was just bieng caring for her???]I havent heard from her or received a text. I am wandering how she is doing but I dont want to sound to needy if I call her. I mean she said she would call but I havent heard from her. Maybe im taking it to personal. She aslso said she may be in the hospital until Saturday depending on how well the operation went. Maybe I should wait one more day to call???

No, don't wait to call. You've been in a "relationship" for 5 weeks. CALL HER TO SHOW HER YOU CARE!

yea but she said she would call and I havent heard from her. I even sent her a text yesterday saying hope, you doing well and I havent heard from her. I mean doesnt that show something???

I don't think a text asking 'How are you'? is controlling...???

It's showing your interest and shows you care.

The fact you havn't heard from her, could be down to her just having had surgery. She won't be her normal self at this time...who is, after surgery?

Bear in mind, that mobile phones are not allowed in hospitals either. So she wont be able to text you back immediatley.

I'd leave out on the texting until you know she's back home.

yea but she said she would call and I havent heard from her. I even sent her a text yesterday saying hope, you doing well and I havent heard from her. I mean doesnt that show something???

Like Dlish said, cell phones are not allowed in Hospitals, so she probably did not get the text.

I would CALL her. Just because she said she'd call you doesn't mean it is written in stone.

I don't know what kind of surgery she had, but if you call her, it will most certainly show you care. She may be in a lot of pain and not be able to talk, but she will remember that you called.

I don't think a text asking 'How are you'? is controlling...???

It's showing your interest and shows you care.

The fact you havn't heard from her, could be down to her just having had surgery. She won't be her normal self at this time...who is, after surgery?

Bear in mind, that mobile phones are not allowed in hospitals either. So she wont be able to text you back immediatley.

I'd leave out on the texting until you know she's back home.

Thanks. I'm aware of all that. But I'm not sure if she is home but more than likely she is this was

Not a big surgery. I just am wandering if I should call her or wait for her?

Archived