anyone have a idea about this?/

wantingmore22

Hi,

I have been seeing a great guy for 5 months now. he has been divorced for a yr. separated for 3 his ex is a psycho and a control freak.. He is building a new home which I have helped him a little doing small things to be kind. we met 4 yrs ago when he was getting divorced nothing happened because I told him I dont date married men well fast forward to now we started dating . but we just had a conversation the other night I actually brought it up to see where we stood. he was acting aloof. he told me he didnt want to be exclusive but that he wasnt seeing anyone else right now but me.and he didnt want to get involved steady because he just got out of a marriage. He is glad he is divorced no feelings for his ex but she drives him nuts they have two small children , I told him I cared for him any way regardless if he didnt feel the same about me. I only wanted to see him happy which I do. I told him we could remain friends. How long should i wait to contact him? I do know he cares about me , I might have made a mistake and been too available please advice is needed.

His feelings are very clear...he wants to play the field...if someone better comes along he will grab it. Don't waste your time on this guy..it will only lead to heartache. I would suggest keeping your distance and not being so available. I would also suggest keeping your options open to dating others...and don't sleep with this guy because that will complicate your emotions and you will end up as his FWB.

I think you should wait for him to contact you, and, at least in your mind, let him go. Maybe he'll come around and get in touch with you again, or maybe not -- but who knows where you will be by the time he realizes what he had and contact you again.

yes I know he wants to play the field , actually I can understand his feelings on that even in the face of rejection, he is totally gun shy about getting seriou right now. I cant blame him actually for all the dramma the ex is putting him through I would like to remain friends, I am dating .I just wonder if he will miss not having me around , I want to contact him but not to soon , I want to know how long should I wait . I want him to know I still want to be friends and that I do understand, but I also want to give him time to realize I understand what he said. I have stopped sleeping with him a little before this because I knew he wasnt that serious. but we continued a relationship anyway, he seems to enjoy my company, I want to let him see what not having me around will be like

does this make sense.

He is not the type to rub things like that in my face. we have other things we talk about without him telling me who he is sleeping with. I have no problem dating others which I will do. I just thought if we keep the lines of communication open we still can build a bond, but in the mean time I can establishthe fact I can move on with out him, but still be friendly, why pull my self out of the game all together?I know he isnt looking for a commitment with anyone, and I know he does feel more for me but doesnt want to hurt me. because he has some issues right now. which isnt a lie because I know of them . they are real issues concern finances, ex, etc. he sent me a text a month ago saying how he need a few months to work through all of these issues and that i would realize that he wasnt being a * * * * * * * .just to give him time

He is jerking you around a bit -- I think you could go NC -- at least for a few weeks, and see what happens.

Hey, I have been there -- don't keep him around as a friend as long as you have feelings for him. He is telling you that he does not. And of course he wants you as a friend! I think you should back off for a bit and see what happens.

Archived